What's new

My Latest brush restoration

$101.jpg$103.jpg$117.jpg$111.jpgView attachment 241435
This is my latest restoration of an old favorite brush handle. It is part of a pewter Ralph Lauren Safari shave set that I received as a gift back in the 80s. It served me well for a number of years but it developed a severe case of terminal shedding so a replacement was in order. The original knot was very soft and originally had backbone which it lost in time. There was never any doubt as to the choice of knot for this handle. I selected a shavemac D01 two band fan that I purchased from Rudy Vey. It will complete the triumvirate of D01 two band knots in my den by joining a bulb and extreme flat top. I have used this brush several times now and I am very pleased by its performance with both soaps and creams. This will only continue to get better with use. It is a 23 mm knot set at about 47 mm if my memory is correct. It is a true joy to use with plenty of backbone and soft comfortable tips. I face lather almost exclusively. The last picture is of the original knot just prior to its removal.

Best regards,

Doug

I am not sure what happened to the last picture from my above post but here it is.
$106.jpg
Regards,

Doug

Thank you gentlemen. This is a very satisfying restoration because it kept an old favorite handle in use and added a wonderful knot to my shaving experience.

Regards,

Doug

Yes brucered, I do remember seeing that thread. I think that there was one that Rudy Vey did for a member in black badger if I remember correctly.

Regards,

Doug

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Yes brucered, I do remember seeing that thread. I think that there was one that Rudy Vey did for a member in black badger if I remember correctly.

Regards,

Doug

That's correct!! I am also on the outlook for this handle, I really like it a lot myself!!

Top Bottom