What's new

My last theory today

Guys, when you lay in bed, which side is your wife on? While watching TV I noticed that most shows that show a couple in bed, the wife is on the husband's left side. My wife is on my left side, my parents are the same way, even my wife's parents are the same way. So, guys, is your wife on your left or right side?

Darren

My wife is on the right side of the bed, or the middle, and I sleep on the remaining six inches on the far left.:blush:

I've heard a slightly different theory, which in my experience always has played out. That the man is usually on the side closest to the door, or other source of "danger." Don't know have you figure this with more centralized bedrooms, but in my case the bed has always been against a wall, and the gf at the time has always been on the inside, with me on the outside. Odd....

Been living on my own for the last 12 years. The wife was always on the right. Occasional female visitors too. Never my idea.

Mind you, I'm Welsh, that might explain it.

Gareth

galopede said:
Been living on my own for the last 12 years. The wife was always on the right. Occasional female visitors too. Never my idea.

Gareth

Is it just me, or is this comment odd sounding?

Gareth- No wonder you are living on your own now. :w00t:

moses said:
I've heard a slightly different theory, which in my experience always has played out. That the man is usually on the side closest to the door, or other source of "danger." Don't know have you figure this with more centralized bedrooms, but in my case the bed has always been against a wall, and the gf at the time has always been on the inside, with me on the outside. Odd....

Well that one at least makes some sense... sort of like walking on the street-side of the sidewalk when walking with a lady.

mrs. chefchris said:

Were the occasional female visitors there at the same time as your wife? Maybe that is why things didn't work out...she apparently favored women...

Jim Thompson said:
My wife is on the right side of the bed, or the middle, and I sleep on the remaining six inches on the far left.:blush:

I am in the same boat...that is why I am happy we bought an Eastern King...so while she gets 3/4's of the bed I can be somewhat comfortable on the remaining 1/4...

I am on the door side...I guess that is a valid theory...

Jim Thompson said:

Ditto that! When we first got married my wife and I switched sides every so often (her idea...) Now its always wife on right, she claims she can't sleep if she's to my left. Incidentally, the door is to the left, so it bears out the other "danger" theory.

Orest

mrs. chefchris said:

You have an evil mind Joanna! The occasional female visitors were AFTER my divorce! My ex wife ran off with a local police sergeant!

I have a double bed and oddly enough, I still mostly sleep to the left side of it.

Of course, being a melodeon player I should be used to a solo lifestyle!

Gareth

stropmegently said:
While watching TV I noticed that most shows that show a couple in bed, the wife is on the husband's left side. My wife is on my left side, my parents are the same way, even my wife's parents are the same way.

Left, which is the side closest to the door.

However, in our last house we had the same sleeping position and she was closer to the door.

Damn you guys are all lucky if you and your significant others have set sides. My girlfriend is the most restless sleeper in the world. We don't have a set side anyway, but even if we did it wouldn't make a difference; she still spends the whole night tossing and turning switching from one side to the next, usually bulldozing through me in the process. She's only 5'2" but I've lost count of the number of times I've woken up abruptly just as I fall out of bed onto the floor.
She's lucky she's so cute, anymore "nighttime injuries" and I'm going to have to check into a shelter for abused boyfriends.

Top Bottom