What's new

My journey with wet shaving and prostate cancer...

I went to the Barber today and I think i have finally found my barber, he did a great job and took his time.. he isn’t the cheapest but he did a great job.

proxy.php

Looking good Rich...I thought you were either Eric Bana or Chris Hemsworth! That's a great haircut!

Last edited:
Fun day for us in my house, I have my two youngest starting at a new private Christian School so there was mountain of paperwork and teachers and staff to meet. My youngest daughter Year 4 started today and my youngest son starts tomorrow year 9. It is the best thing we could have done for them their teachers are so positive and the facilities are so good. My daughter came home a different girl she was happy and confident and totally knackered. We know her teacher personally and she is amazingly talented person...

Todays shave was basically the same as yesterday but I used the Nivea 2 Phase this stuff is really nice.

Also I was assigned to the Steward of The Great Southern Land... A bunch of guys and gals drop in and have a look and pull ups a chair by the fire, and we will pass you a beer....

Great Southern Land (Australia/NZ)

No telly tonight I have been listening to Flogging Molly on YouTube... an irish band that just was in some playlist that I kind of like. I have been listening to this while writing ups my B&B intro in The GSL

Quick shave today... only had time for a single pass....
usual setup and that Perma Sharp blade is about a week old now....
The shave was not as good as was to be expected but I also had irritation, I must have pushed o hard..

I put a Made in Canada Old type ball long tooth comb end tech on lay-by 1920’s I think.. it has pins. Sorry no pics yet.

I also lined up a Made in England Gillette Tech 1973 for a snipe on eBay and totally forgot about it and i won it for $8.50 oh well I guess it is happy new razor day .

proxy.php

Also I figured out a problem with my project.... damn batteries...

Oh Well back to watching Killjoys..

My new old razor arrived,

In comparison to the older Gillette the build quality is poor, I haven’t shaved with it yet but I expect the shave to be good....

proxy.php

The last few days I have been shaving with my Maggard’s V3 headed WCS handle razor and various soaps, all very good. The V3 is a very different shave to the Gillette Techs and is nice for a change.

At work my eldest son started working for us in the same dept.. he is doing extremely well and has written a program to decode the messages sent by the trackers.

now to watching the next episode of Suits

Well I didn't shave this morning ...
We took my daughter to cello this morning. Last night it rained really hard and we discovered we had a leak, right over the switchboard.... so today I had to fix it. it was a split in some lead flashing so went to get some more but i discovered this stuff called Byute Flash Aluminium Tape with Butyl Rubber adhesive seems like pretty good stuff. it has since rained and no leaks. I even used the stuff to patch holes in the guttering and cleaned it all out and the down pipe... carting ladders, climbing up and down said ladders.... digging smelly crap out of gutters..... and no pain... woo hoo

After all that I had a shower and a shave, I have been using my copper shave bowl do for a few days now and i am enjoying getting back to it. The soaps behave differently compared to face lathering, also my Zenith brush has now broken in . Yesterday it was my Check your 6 soap today it was Uncle Jon’s Pipe Smoke both performed brilliantly and I really do like that copper bowl the lather is awesome.

proxy.php

The 1973 Gillette Tech razor is very good on day 2 of the Perma Sharp blade... Someone described the handle as pretty, it is i suppose but it also looks unfinished/rough, it provides loads of grip so I guess unfinished/rough look is a good thing...

The shave was brilliant just short of BBS the aftershave was Pinaud Musk...

now back watching the move Approaching The Unknown ... it has 4 stars on Netflix...

Well I didn’t get off so lightly.... things are rather tender...

Oh well I have been plating around with bowl lathering and have just about dialled on the Mama Bears Bounty and I have just about got it .... I figure one more day and I will nail it....

Well that was until this HUGE box arrived...

proxy.php

it has about 8KG of shave stuff.. I am custodian and now organising the Aussie pass around box that needs sorting and documenting and testing of some stuff.... writing up and doing some reviews... I hope to get it out next month in one form or another, so if you interested and live in AU or NZ head over to Great Southern Land (Australia/NZ)

If you want to see some great lather shots there is a bit of a Battle Royal going on come on in, make some comments and pull up a chair by the fire and we will pass you a beer...

What do you guys use here downunder for a shave bowl and where did you get it? Lather Shots included

Oh I got by next biopsy appointment for next month....[emoji15][emoji1604]

Great stuff Rich. I have one of those bowls as well, and I keep meaning to use it more but I enjoy face lathering so much lol. Very nice box, and is that a stick of Sir Irisch Moos?!?

Great stuff Rich. I have one of those bowls as well, and I keep meaning to use it more but I enjoy face lathering so much lol. Very nice box, and is that a stick of Sir Irisch Moos?!?

Why yes it is..,, I might try that tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I had some fun this morning trying stud from he box

A New Type Gillette Open Comb with a Perma Sharp blade.
Irich Moos shave stick
Zenith Manchurian Badger brush
Speick Aftershave Balm

That razor and blade combo is awesome. In my other razors the Perma Sharp is a bit rough first shave then super smooth for many shaves. So I am looking forward to tomorrow. I must try to resist picking something else out of the box.
The Irich Moos soap is much better face lathered.
The copper shave bowl performed well.
The Speick after shave Balm is oh so good and is on my buy list.

I also got some new Head Gear Pomade which smells nice and only cost $5 I was a bit broke this week. It held my hair like a vice. I did a bit of a touch up when I got home with a damp comb and it was good.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

So that went all well and I am having a blast trying the stuff.

I have tho been really sore all day and feeling a bit down with it all.

We did have a major success at work and we ended up performing some magic on one server to make our devices appear on another in the way we wanted. My son who works with me did in less than 2 days what we have been waiting over 2 months for a company achieve so we can start testing. It's not a permanent solution but we are now more than two weeks ahead of what we were a few days ago and things appear to be tracking along nicely.

I am really not looking forward to the after affects of the next biopsy but I am told they usually not as bad. [emoji854]

The only TV I watched tonight was Bosnian Bill on YouTube pick some locks.

bosnianbill

I'm off to bed I am knackered TTFN. [emoji106][emoji1604]

Last edited:
Hey guys
It has been an interesting weekend

Sorting out the Aussie Pass Around Box... and trying stuff

Today it was a new type Gillette long tooth open comb
and Mama Bear's Bacon Soap... Yes bacon .... actually it was rather good and a very faint Bacon scent.

proxy.php

Aftershave Balm was Edwin Jagger Sandalwood aftershave Balm. Na it's not for me. It left my face greasy and I didn't care much for the scent.

The lingering Bacon scent made me hungry ...

Apart from that strange BBS shave...
I have been really sore and tired.

Pick a few of my padlocks ....

proxy.php

Oh wel could be a lot worse. And now back to watching The Book of Eli... weird movie.

OK so I finally took the day off as I was have been told to do....so often.

So I rested and had a shave with a Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip, BIC blade... That is a great combo.
I used Proraso Red Preshave, Speick Shave Soap and Speick Aftershave Balm. Another excellent combo.
Speick has definitely made my buy list.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The Brut Cologne was surprisingly nice.

Even tho I had the day off I ended up working anyway as I had to right up some stuff.

Just watch the latest Game of Thrones.... WOW.
Back to watching Gotham....

Today I got handed the job of overseeing our new website and database ...... should be fun.... it goes a great deal beyond just a website but hey... the PTB's think I can do this.

Oh well today's shave was a Gillette Super Speed, BIC blade and Doug Murphy's Bay Rum Soap....
proxy.php

proxy.php

It actually performs really well but I don't care for the scent ... way to much clove for me.

So I get to work from Home tomorrow and go to parent teacher interviews... and more reading than war and peace but what I have to read had a plot in common with the Sydney Phone Book

Oh well back to watching Gotham ...

Top Bottom