What's new

My incredible shrinking... feet!!

Has anyone else's feet shrunk through the years? I always thought they would get a little bigger if anything? :huh:

20 years ago I wore a 12.5 to 13. 10 years ago it was 11.5 go 12. Couple of years ago I started having to buy 11 which now is feeling a bit loose. Went and got measured and sure enough... now a 10.5!

I'm a tall guy and athletic (6'3", 215lbs.). Get regular physicals and I'm in excellent heath. I've searched and the only thing I've seen about shrinking feet is diabetes, but I know for a fact I don't have that.

Being tall, I don't think I can get much smaller feet before looking odd or falling over! :lol:

Last edited:
I honestly think manufacturers of all types of clothing are increasing the "standard" for any given size. In the case of trousers, I once heard someone refer to the practice as "vanity sizing." Could it be possible that this accounts for your, shall we say, "shrinkage?"

Unfortunately no, as all my current shoes are now too loose where they fit great when I bought them. I still have some of my old size 12 shoes as they are high quality shells and there is no way I can fit in them. They'd go flying off! :tongue_sm

Normally feet get bigger as you get older because of cumulative stress (wider, anyway). Other factors affect your foot size just as much, though. If you've lost weight your feet will probably get smaller. If your diet/lifestyle is healthier then that can also affect your feet.
I've known a few people whose feet have shrunk with age. Mine haven't, unfortunately. They've gone up one full size in both length and width since I was in my 20's. :blush:

That is what I figured, they would get a little bigger with age. My weight has been consistent through the years. I am just surprised by how much smaller they have gotten. I can understand a half size change either way but this is getting ridiculous! :tongue_sm

Has anyone else's feet shrunk through the years? I always thought they would get a little bigger if anything? :huh:

20 years ago I wore a 12.5 to 13. 10 years ago it was 11.5 go 12. Couple of years ago I started having to buy 11 which now is feeling a bit loose. Went and got measured and sure enough... now a 10.5!

I'm a tall guy and athletic (6'3", 215lbs.). Get regular physicals and I'm in excellent heath. I've searched and the only thing I've seen about shrinking feet is diabetes, but I know for a fact I don't have that.

Being tall, I don't think I can get much smaller feet before looking odd or falling over! :lol:

I wish... I could actually find shoes in my size (14/15 depending on Mfg).
That's a pretty dramatic change though...any smaller your going to have balance problems. Imagine an upside down Pyramid ...:w00t:

You know what they say......

:laugh: Thankfully, no shrinkage elsewhere!

I wish... I could actually find shoes in my size (14/15 depending on Mfg).
That's a pretty dramatic change though...any smaller your going to have balance problems. Imagine an upside down Pyramid ...:w00t:

I know it! My wife is already poking fun at me that I will end up like a weeble wobble in another 20 years :tongue_sm

Top Bottom