What's new

My Guess... 3017

What's wrong with a tech?

If you've used one before I get that it isn't exciting but if not isn't it as exciting as any other new to you razor?
I haven't used one and I get what you're saying, but I'm superficial and their looks don't really appeal to me. Still I'll keep my eyes open. I might change my mind.

Thanks to all who offered advice. I've never payed much attention to injectors. I might have to investigate them a bit.

I did manage to finish off a puck of L'occitane Cade this morning. It had been relegated to shower duties as it didn't work out as a shave soap. Quickest I've ever gone through a soap.

[MENTION=77651]whosaidpigeon[/MENTION]

If you ask me, and maybe a handful of others, The Tech is Gillette's best work. After trying many, many razors, I always come back to my Techs.

It also pairs nicely with custom and after market handles if it's the handle you don't care for. The head is a perfect design.

I haven't used one and I get what you're saying, but I'm superficial and their looks don't really appeal to me. Still I'll keep my eyes open. I might change my mind.

Thanks to all who offered advice. I've never payed much attention to injectors. I might have to investigate them a bit.

I did manage to finish off a puck of L'occitane Cade this morning. It had been relegated to shower duties as it didn't work out as a shave soap. Quickest I've ever gone through a soap.
I guess for me it's the handle that makes most of the look. I use my tech heads on a 3rd party SS handle for functional reasons but cosmetic could be just as valid a reason.

Here are my current mild tools of choice.

proxy.php

@whosaidpigeon

If you ask me, and maybe a handful of others, The Tech is Gillette's best work. QUOTE]

+1. If you look closely at a Tech head, a lot of engineering and experience went into the design. Play with different handles to spice it up. Or, go with something like a Delta Echo. Here's a pic of a rashed out old Tech Delta Echo saved from the trash bin. Its an excellent shaver. Whats not to get excited about? :thumbup1:

$Tech.jpg

After 201 shaves I have finally crossed the half way point on my tub of DR Harris Marlborough. I think I am picking up speed so the second half is likely to go faster.

Ruckin

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
[MENTION=86380]ruckin[/MENTION], If you would have started on the bottom half first, you'd probably be finished by now. :tongue_sm

I was wrong about the Mike's, not even enough to load my brush last night. Decided on a quarter bar of Mike's Lemongrass Eucalyptus for the next victim.

Still plugging along with Marlborough. Really want to be done by July 1- but who knows. Can't believe how long this puck has lasted.

Haslinger Marigold is done.

Next up, Haslinger Coconut & Honey. With a couple weeks of summer camping where I don't tskr along Haslinger, this should take me through August, at least.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bruce, remind me, have you gone through the whole pantheon of Haslinger flavors?

What's your favorite?

Bruce, remind me, have you gone through the whole pantheon of Haslinger flavors?

What's your favorite?
I just finished up Marigold, so aside from Spa or Woman (the extra Sandalwood ones), I've 3017'd them all.

My ranking would probably come out like this:

1) Coconut
2) Honey
3) Sheep
4,5) Sage, Aloe
6,7) Marigold, Sandalwood
8) Seaweed

All perform identical to me and any differences would likely be forum influenced or in my head. I had some bad shaves with Seaweed, read about others having similar, so rank that one the lowest. Not to mention, the scent did nothing for me. With Sheep, I'm not sure the Lanolin adds much to the lather or face feel, but I still tend to use it in the winter, just in case it does.

I'm pretty sure all will be replaced at some point or another. I have a decent stock of my top ones, so am set for a while. When I get sick of 3017ing them alone, I'll try another mash up.

I'm still loving everything about them: size, price, mild scents, shave quality, ease of lathering, consistency, easily obtainable, brand and family run.

Last edited:
I just finished up Marigold, so aside from Spa or Woman (the extra Sandalwood ones), I've 3017'd them all.

My ranking would probably come out like this:

1) Coconut
2) Honey
3) Sheep
4,5) Sage, Aloe
6,7) Marigold, Sandalwood
8) Seaweed

All perform identical to me and any differences would likely be forum influenced or in my head. I had some bad shaves with Seaweed, read about others having similar, so rank that one the lowest. Not to mention, the scent did nothing for me. With Sheep, I'm not sure the Lanolin adds much to the lather or face feel, but I still tend to use it in the winter, just in case it does.

I'm pretty sure all will be replaced at some point or another. I have a decent stock of my top ones, so am set for a while. When I get sick of 3017ing them alone, I'll try another mash up.

I'm still loving everything about them: size, price, mild scents, shave quality, ease of lathering, consistency, easily obtainable, brand and family run.

I agree with you ranking with one exception I would swap Coconut and Honey. But aside from that I rank exactly the same.

That's a really cool mashup concept.

Also I forgot to add before that I agree about razors not needing to be "exciting". Last thing I want when I'm putting a blade against my face is excitement. Maybe that's why I'm such a sucker for brushes.

Speaking of, a new Rudy Vey will be coming in shortly to kick half a dozen brushes out of my collection.

Top Bottom