What's new

My Guess... 3017

I've been looking at the bottom of the XXX jar for a few weeks now. This sucker is holding on at the very end. I thought I was going to burn through it quickly when I saw the bottom in a couple of weeks. Wow was I wrong. Hopefully only two weeks left. It's been a great soap, but I have to get rolling haha.

Time for a past-due update...

Williams Mug Soap: March 1st to May 8th
# of shaves (1.75oz/50g puck): 56

Finally, Williams has been defeated. Total time of just over two months, though while running late a few mornings I used Noxzema foam or skipped a shave or two during the weekend.

Next up: Haslinger Marigold (Ringelblumen)
Start: May 10th

Currently, I have enjoyed three spectacular shaves. So far it looks like I'm going to really enjoy these few upcoming months.

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. It's times like these where, despite never having met any of you in person, I feel a great level of appreciation, respect, and friendship with you all.

Made it back to Chicago yesterday afternoon, it's good to be home.

15 shaves into a tub of Razorock XXX. It's ok but isn't blowing my mind. At this point it's in the same category as my first 3017, Cella: good but not good enough to buy again, at least not for a while.

Still a couple of shaves left on the tub of AoS Lemon. You see the bottom of the tub and you get excited, but it seems to stand still after first seeing the bottom. Im thinking after a shave Monday morning, it will finally be kicked and I can move on to my next soap, a 3/4 used tub of Latha Oceana. Great smell, good soap (in the Cella neighborhood). I am looking forward to getting into something different though I will say AOS cream gave me some good shaves. I will update with a picture this weekend.

Condolences and best wishes domzals.

Good to see you again Johnnie!

Fine AB is starting to go quickly. Down to 115g today. Should accelerate to the finish I believe. A lot like tabac of course. Fantastic soap.

Time for a past-due update...

Williams Mug Soap: March 1st to May 8th
# of shaves (1.75oz/50g puck): 56

Finally, Williams has been defeated. Total time of just over two months, though while running late a few mornings I used Noxzema foam or skipped a shave or two during the weekend.

Next up: Haslinger Marigold (Ringelblumen)
Start: May 10th

Currently, I have enjoyed three spectacular shaves. So far it looks like I'm going to really enjoy these few upcoming months.

From Williams Mug to Haslinger. That is quite a transition. Proceed carefully lest your mind be blown. :lol:

My current 3017 victim is a puck of Haslinger Aloe, it is going very very well.

Day 2 on my tub of Cella today. I loaded a little too heavily. I must have had enough lather for around 6 passes.

This is one of those days where it felt like a sin to dump the excess lather down the drain.

I think I see a brick of Cella in my future. (Once I thin out my collection a bit more.)

After several years amassing soaps but not eliminating any I have made the decision to join the brotherhood of the 3017er's. I did kill off a puck of Provence Sante last year when I noticed it was getting low, a 2 weeks dedication to that 1 soap allowed me to finally use up my first puck. I used it as an excuse to buy some more soaps though. When I had a few more soaps in a shopping cart this week trying to figure out how to get to free shipping I realized it was time to grow up and do something. I have yet to inventory what I have but decided to start out right with AOS lavender (tallow) as my first step towards soap elimination. It is not the quickest soap to start with, and idea I considered as a quick win would help my resolve to adhere to the way of 3017, but in the end decided that going with a known great soap. Using it exclusively will allow me to maximize its potential and it doesn't sound like I will be lacking anything with this soap aside from variety.

Here we go, wish me luck and the strength to show these soaps/creams no mercy whatsoever.....

Last edited:
Welcome aboard!

I haven't purchased any soap or cream this year. I traded for a few samples and got the Fine AB in a PIF. But there's still too much product to actually buy anything.

Fine should last until July. I should probably use the Proraso cream then. That would last a couple months. Then maybe some Haslinger then Tabac then AOS sandalwood. Never got around to La Toja this spring though.

Last edited:
After several years amassing soaps but not eliminating any I have made the decision to join the brotherhood of the 3017er's. I did kill off a puck of Provence Sante last year when I noticed it was getting low, a 2 weeks dedication to that 1 soap allowed me to finally use up my first puck. I used it as an excuse to buy some more soaps though. When I had a few more soaps in a shopping cart this week trying to figure out how to get to free shipping I realized it was time to grow up and do something. I have yet to inventory what I have but decided to start out right with AOS lavender (tallow) as my first step towards soap elimination. It is not the quickest soap to start with, and idea I considered as a quick win would help my resolve to adhere to the way of 3017, but in the end decided that going with a known great soap. Using it exclusively will allow me to maximize its potential and it doesn't sound like I will be lacking anything with this soap aside from variety.

Here we go, wish me luck and the strength to show these soaps/creams no mercy whatsoever.....

Ahoy! Welcome, welcome!!!

Starting off with a fantastic soap like AoS tallow will help you create a standard (in this case, a very, very high standard) for which to compare all future soaps. It doesn't get much better :)

Top Bottom