What's new

My Guess... 3017

I've only been using a bowl of C&E Sandalwood for the past 4 months, shaving every two days, and I am just now hitting the half way mark. I was expecting more progress :mad3: This thing cant make it 8 months, can it?

I've sold all my soap except The C&E Sandalwood, Cade, Palmolive Sticks, and Speick. I am probably moving over to the Palmolive next. Maybe Cade since I can knock it out quick.

The C&E has been great. I think it gets a bad rap. The soap smells better as time goes on and it works well. I would buy it again, especially for the price. I've also got the whole nomad set (soap bowl, edt, and asb), but I dont think I like the scent as much as I used to.

As promised, here's a picture of what I'm sticking with to help clear out the den...the TOBS is first, then the Musgo.

My first stick of Arko is less than an inch tall now - can I join in? It's taken a few months of pretty continuous use to wear it down this much so goodness knows when I'll finally use up the 12 pack I bought soon after this single one.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I've only been using a bowl of C&E Sandalwood for the past 4 months, shaving every two days, This thing cant make it 8 months, can it?

Shaving only every two days, it sure can last 8 months.

As promised, here's a picture of what I'm sticking with to help clear out the den...the TOBS is first, then the Musgo.

That TOBS is toast. :yesnod:

My first stick of Arko is less than an inch tall now - can I join in?

Who are we to say no. The more the merrier. :biggrin:

That TOBS is toast. :yesnod:

Darn straight it is! I underwent a quest about 6 months ago to destroy the puck :behead: ...used it religiously for about 2 months and got it to this point...and then inexplicably put it down :confused1. Don't know why I quit, but it's been mocking me terribly these past few months :cursing:.

Just out of curiosity to gauge opinion, if the soap was used daily would it last less then 4 months?

Mr. Gold can make triple milled pucks disappear in 90 days or less. :ouch1:

I am pleased to report that my bowl of Mitchell's Wool Fat passed away this morning. After starting it on January 17 and using it on average 6 days per week (with a brief 2 week hiatus when Brush Chronicling), the soap was finished in 3.5 months. Bearing in mind that I had a few weeks worth of shaves on it before I started, I am comfortable saying that an unmilled, heavily loaded cake of MWF will easily deliver 4 months of great shaves. MWF joins AoS soaps on my "must always have in the cabinet" list.

As posted previously, I am going to finish up a bunch of creams now, before moving on to the next soap, which I have tentatively slated to be Harris Almond.

I have decided to join you all and shave till all of my Cade is finished, there is about i think 2 weeks left on it, maybe less, maybe more, i dont really know but i'm going to finish it. :001_smile When finished with the Cade i will use up my creams then get back to my soaps. :thumbup:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I have to do something to keep me entertained for the rest of the 2011 shave purchase sabattical, so I guess I will throw my hat in the ring.

And no, I will not be doing the entire 500 g of KK or KG of P160 at once, I just thought I would throw it up there.

The ramekins at the top are (from left to right) Tabac, 1/4 of the package of KK, and an Arko stick pressed into a ramekin. The small tubs with stickers are a set of QCS croap samples, the black tub with the lable coming off is Razorock classic, the small puck in the ziplock is VDH delux. I also have a tub of Razorock XXX in the mail right now (my confession is in the Sabattical thread).

I have been hitting the Cella pretty hard, and it is about 1/2 used, although it has been used in rotation with a few other items. I will be concentrating on finishing the Cella from now on.

As a note, when I just don't have time, I have a handful of creams I use brushlessly, so I will guess that I will probably only be using my soaps 4-5 times per week.

I'm actually pretty curious to see how Italian soft soaps compare to the tripple milled soaps in terms of speed of use once I really start to use them every day.

Here we go:

I could easily burn through that VDH puck in about a week. I would probably just throw it away though, so there, problem solved.

I was bored with the Pre de Provence loooong before it ran out. I think I used it nearly every day for about 5 months. That thing is a monster.

Good luck. You have some nice stuff to get through.

My puck of Floris JF bit the dust today. There was a little bit left but not really worth trying to get a decent lather out of, especially since the JM Frasers (which is up next) takes almost no effort to get a great lather.

Any news Gentlemen? After a couple of weeks devoted to the most recent Brush Chronicles, I am returning to my Arlington puck in earnest tomorrow.

I'm still working on my puck of Vintage Colgate that I started on May 1st. For a 1.75 oz puck, this one is holding up pretty well. It's getting pretty thin now; I don't think it has more than a week or so left to go. I'm getting pretty good lather from it now lathering right on top of the puck. This is not a great soap, though. It's one of the later versions, labeled Colgate Shaving Mug Soap. Lots and lots of loading (lathering on the puck) have produced the most stable lather I've gotten from this puck, but it still rarely lasts for my 2-pass shave without some serious lather maintenance. I'm looking forward to finishing this one up.

I broke through the bottom of a puck of Conk Lime last weekend. I only use that puck on weekends, and only with one dedicated brush (a small Omega boar). That puck has lasted a long time but its days are numbered. I predict another month of weekends will knock it out. After it is gone a puck of Conk Amber will replace it.

Tub of cella still going strong. I did swap out Razorock XXX once to try it out. Still haven't broken through to the bottom, but the soap at the sides of the tub is starting to give way. Other soaps have been calling to me for weeks, though.

Still going strong with my Irisch Moos stick. The bottom is peeking through the soap. I cannot see the actual bottom but can see a black plastic ring that must be embedded in the soap to help it stay on the plastic base.

The end is in sight! :badger:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
The puck of Floris JF I started (with approx. 80% remaining) on 4-20-11 is still going. I have put a serious dent in it but I have not seen the bottom of the wood bowl yet. I am thinking that this puck has just about a month left.

I give my Speick about 2-3 more days. After this I think I'm going to start using up my creams that I have no intentions of replacing. Speick on the other hand will be replaced eventually.

proxy.php

Top Bottom