What's new

My Guess... 3017

I was PIF'd a puck of Arlington from @brucered many many moons ago...

Feb.01 - Aug.29.2014.....D.R. Harris Arlington ........ Nope, no typo; 215 shaves from that puck
It took me 428 shaves to complete a puck of DR Harris. Ironically I was in a challenge where I was using one brand of soap the whole year. I was also in the year long sabbatical so I couldn't buy anything either. I decided what the heck I would give it a try... I started loading as much as I needed to complete my shave without having a ton of soap still in the brush when I was done. I wonder if I need to think about how I load... My brick of Vitos is still alive and kicking after 1444 shaves. My current estimate is that I will hopefully report the the brick finished sometime this November. :tongue_sm

Ruckin.

I broke my rule and bought another soap, Saponificio Varesino, after reading @Marco’s reviews of it. With the stockpile I’ve had and my almost complete lack of new purchases for almost 10 years, the new soap market has completely passed me by. Re: this purchase, sorry, not sorry!

The Cade is rapidly disappearing, a consequence of necessary heavy loading to get a stable lather, and it won’t be too long now.
Which SV did you buy? I have the Desert Vetiver. Out of all the scents I liked this the best. I still don't love the scent. The performance is great.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Manna di Sicilia. I needed one with bergamot in the top note.
Earl grey tea and a shave!
proxy.php

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Just over 3 months in with my little red tub of Cella and it's turned into near goop that is almost a tube-cream texture (plus little white dots). That's not a bad thing as there's probably about a week's worth of shaves left, give or take, and loading is now a super breeze.

Thanks! I have been trying to get a good lather with it. I think I just need to load more and gradually add water.
Once it's dialed in, it's awesome.

I load extra heavy and it is still lasting forever. Many say it holds a ton of water but I found it the same as most soaps. I add it extremely slow if it's too dry. I shake almost all the water out of my brush when loading and add during the face lather process

Top Bottom