What's new

My Guess... 3017

If you bowl lather add a bit of cream to a sliver of hard soap. Face lather probably load the hard soap and add a bit of cream on the brush

I bowl lathered. Load the brush from the soap like usual, put a little cream in the bottom of the bowl then go to town. Voila, great lather with the slickness of soap, cushion of cream and strong scent.

Nowadays, I wouldn’t do that to the Fat. I think the scent is fantastic, but if it gets finicky to lather, a squirt of Palmolive does the job……that’s what she said.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
^^^ (I feel old :wheelchair:)
1622633923817.png

You, sir, have a long way to go on that puck! I weighed my MWF puck the other day and I'm projecting 270 shaves before it's gone!
My last puck of The Fat lasted a little over 3 months. I use pretty much only synthetic brushes now, so I expect to exceed that number. Time will tell.

Used What the Puck Orange, at my second house. Shave 8 with it. I got what I think may be a soap killer brush, an Omega boar with a short loft. I normally use synthetic brushes, but decided to try this one for a bit with this soap. Used a fairly wet brush, didn't squeeze it out, and held my mug sideways to let the soupy, bubbly mess drain out so I could get a good load of protolather. Lathered up on my face. Nice shave, not the best ever but certainly very acceptable. Post shave, you can tell it's not The Fat, but its slick enough.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Ones made from REALLY good cotton .... so they will last forever!! :001_tt1:

And you're only allowed to buy one to ensure that there is no rotation. :letterk1:
Nope, we need loads of different colours and styles so you can have a closet full of them until you get bored and start wearing them one at a time until they wear out

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've used the lime Lider Classic before. If I remember correctly, lathered pretty well but smelled like a lime popsicle stick. :tongue_sm

The tube of T&H Ultimate Comfort I started about 2 months ago is nearing its end. I suspect it would yield to my Simpson T3 in the next week, but its received a temporary stay of execution. We have an unseasonable heat way rolling through for the next week with record setting temps. I spent much of today helping SWMBO with some gardening in 98 degree temps. When I know its going to be hot I never shave in the morning. I waited until the work was done, took a nice coolish shower and then enjoyed a shave with my favorite hot weather cream. Italian Palmolive. It has the perfect menthol punch coupled with the usual outstanding Palmolive performance. It was such a nice shave that I'm sure I will be unfaithful to T&H for the next week. Thats not to cast shade upon T&H UC in the least. It is an outstanding cream, indeed one of the very best I've ever used, but, hot weather calls for menthol and alas UC has none.

I've lived in the upper Midwest of the US for over half a century and the temperature extremes never cease to amaze me. 14 weeks ago it was -31 F in my back yard. The windchill brought that down to -103 F one evening in February. Today it was +98F. Leaving windchill out because windchill is for babies, thats a 129 degree swing in temps in 14 short weeks.

Uff-Da.

The tube of T&H Ultimate Comfort I started about 2 months ago is nearing its end. I suspect it would yield to my Simpson T3 in the next week, but its received a temporary stay of execution. We have an unseasonable heat way rolling through for the next week with record setting temps. I spent much of today helping SWMBO with some gardening in 98 degree temps. When I know its going to be hot I never shave in the morning. I waited until the work was done, took a nice coolish shower and then enjoyed a shave with my favorite hot weather cream. Italian Palmolive. It has the perfect menthol punch coupled with the usual outstanding Palmolive performance. It was such a nice shave that I'm sure I will be unfaithful to T&H for the next week. Thats not to cast shade upon T&H UC in the least. It is an outstanding cream, indeed one of the very best I've ever used, but, hot weather calls for menthol and alas UC has none.

I've lived in the upper Midwest of the US for over half a century and the temperature extremes never cease to amaze me. 14 weeks ago it was -31 F in my back yard. The windchill brought that down to -103 F one evening in February. Today it was +98F. Leaving windchill out because windchill is for babies, thats a 129 degree swing in temps in 14 short weeks.

Uff-Da.
One time while on a business trip I was in San Juan Puerto Rico in February when it was 86 degrees F. I got a call from my office that I was needed in Duluth MN. My first stop was Chicago where it was -1. I boarded a commuter flight (in those days you boarded from the outside) and when I arrived in Green Bay where it is -8. Two stops later I am in Duluth where it was -20! In one day to go from +86 to -20 was an incredible experience - one I had a number of times.

168726FC-7D24-43B3-BD6D-7AC040419AAA.jpeg

Probably two shaves left in the tube of Proraso cream. I started the tube, minus a few shaves, April 11th. I use 3/4" of cream each shave. Seems it'll be a two month product as many tubes of cream are for me. This morning I squeezed a bit more cream and had a fantastic lather. I am looking forward to the Portuguese cream which is on deck. Estoril may be a quick hitter at 125 ml.

Last edited:
Got a few weepers with WTP Orange today, blade and razor as yesterday. Going to do a control shave with Tabac next time I'm at this house, and make a decision on binning the soap or using it up. Razor is a Lupo 72 and a Personna Blue.

Top Bottom