What's new

My Guess... 3017

When i began reading the forums I saw people comment about choosing a soap to match the season. This didnt really resonate with me. However Im coming around to the idea. Good Friday here was unusually sunny and warm and i was thinking of using one of the TFS soaps next - they are citrus/floral "summery" if you get my meaning. Anyway, today its Easter Monday and its currently snowing. So I think my summer soap idea may have been premature.

So after great deliberation my next soap into the arena will be a Fine Accoutrements Platinum (old formula). I absolutely love the scent. When I read last year that Fine were ceasing production of the hard version I ended up buying 9 of them. Ive probably had about 10 shaves off the current puck, and will be interested to see how many i get in total. When I first opened the tub the puck was pretty hard but has softened considerably to the point where it has a softer consistency, similar to Stirling Executive Man or Razorock Emperor. Either way, good shaves lie ahead I hope.

When i began reading the forums I saw people comment about choosing a soap to match the season. This didnt really resonate with me. However Im coming around to the idea. Good Friday here was unusually sunny and warm and i was thinking of using one of the TFS soaps next - they are citrus/floral "summery" if you get my meaning. Anyway, today its Easter Monday and its currently snowing. So I think my summer soap idea may have been premature.

So after great deliberation my next soap into the arena will be a Fine Accoutrements Platinum (old formula). I absolutely love the scent. When I read last year that Fine were ceasing production of the hard version I ended up buying 9 of them. Ive probably had about 10 shaves off the current puck, and will be interested to see how many i get in total. When I first opened the tub the puck was pretty hard but has softened considerably to the point where it has a softer consistency, similar to Stirling Executive Man or Razorock Emperor. Either way, good shaves lie ahead I hope.

Which TFS did you have in mind? Citrus/Floral sounds like its right up my alley.

The TFS Mandarino Tachibana is a lovely sweet orange scent. Its one of their "Linea Instenso" range - which i take to mean strongly scented. The TFS Bergamotto Neroli is also in the the LI range, and the scent does what it says on the tin. Ive had a few shaves from each and can highly recommend them. You can lather them with a stick if you dont have a brush, and the lather is good. Not up there with MWF or the A&E Kaizen base, but more than decent in my view.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210405_193241.jpg

My Proraso blue has finally been laid to rest, my third 3017 this year

Yup, even I would have a hard time squeezing another shave out of that tube. :tongue_sm
LOL! There is nothing there! I picked the last of it out with the end of a tube key!! I usually wind up with an extra special final shave, because I use more cream than usual. Three quarters of an inch of cream was typical, but this last shave I used 1 1/4" and the lather filled a Semogue 2000! Very nice lather this morning!

Finished the Palmolive stick today. Mashed into a bowl it goes a lot faster. As @beginish mentioned recently, there's a lot to be said for one month soaps.

Not sure what's next. Maybe AOS Lemon, La Toya stick, or PDP 63. Leaning towards La Toja since I haven't used in many years (2014).

Here's the backstock remaining, at this point all NOS.
Soap.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom