What's new

My Guess... 3017

Veggie formula Haslinger Schafmilch is done. I'm logging the kill this morning. I was pleased to find during this latest 3017 effort that veggie Haslinger is every bit as good as the older tallow formula. Kudos to Haslinger for making the succesful transition to veggie where so many others have failed.

I'm going to knock around a couple shaves and pick the next victim on or about April 1st simply because its an easy date to remember.

@beginish mentioned Trumpers Violet. Gosh that sounds nice, especially after a long winter. If I had some in the stash I'd go with it, alas, I do not. If I sound envious...I am. Someday when the stash is at a manageable level a new tube of GFT Violet will be mine. Until then I will live vicariously through others.

I'm not 100% sure of whats next;
- A puck of Haslinger Aloe (one of my favorite summer soaps)
- Mostly full tub of MdC Agrumes (love this soap but with my COVID dampened shaving schedule this would be a lengthy commitment)
- Partial tube of Italian Palmolive (it has just the right amount of menthol)
- Tube of T&H Ultimate Comfort Cream (the current front runner, the light lavender scent is very very good)

When I wake up an April Fool this Thursday one of them will jump out.

Cheers!

The TOBS is dead. :death:
DSC00218.JPG

Veggie formula Haslinger Schafmilch is done. I'm logging the kill this morning. I was pleased to find during this latest 3017 effort that veggie Haslinger is every bit as good as the older tallow formula. Kudos to Haslinger for making the succesful transition to veggie where so many others have failed.

I'm going to knock around a couple shaves and pick the next victim on or about April 1st simply because its an easy date to remember.

@beginish mentioned Trumpers Violet. Gosh that sounds nice, especially after a long winter. If I had some in the stash I'd go with it, alas, I do not. If I sound envious...I am. Someday when the stash is at a manageable level a new tube of GFT Violet will be mine. Until then I will live vicariously through others.

I'm not 100% sure of whats next;
- A puck of Haslinger Aloe (one of my favorite summer soaps)
- Mostly full tub of MdC Agrumes (love this soap but with my COVID dampened shaving schedule this would be a lengthy commitment)
- Partial tube of Italian Palmolive (it has just the right amount of menthol)
- Tube of T&H Ultimate Comfort Cream (the current front runner, the light lavender scent is very very good)

When I wake up an April Fool this Thursday one of them will jump out.

Cheers!

I have one more shave in my tub of TOBS Royal Forest, and expect to start breaking in my puck of Trumper Violet on Thursday. I will update regularly.

Gentlemen of the famous 3017 thread. May I humbly ask to be admitted to participate in this esteemed thread? I have around a year of wet shaving experience and have trodden what I expect is a traditional path to soap anarchy. When i first bought brush and razor I savoured the gateway drugs which are TOBS creams. Then i acquired some of the well known softer soaps before identifying that I simply love the tripple milled DR Harris soaps and the legendary MWF.

Over months I have read this entire thread, and offer my thanks to those whose posts have shared so much knowledge and information. I have a filthy hoard of 36 soaps (including 11 MWF and 10 Fine Accoutrements hard soaps). I should admit at the outset to being what I think of as a 95% 3017 student - i now start a soap and see it through to its demise, but every week or so I return to the MWF for a ritual of pure shaving joy.

That is my application, and if found suitable I will post updates from my corner of Surrey in the English countryside.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
We all started somewhere, usually with too many soaps, razors, blades and/or brushes so welcome aboard.
My own acquisition disorder is still in full swing so I am in the April GRUME to try to curb my buying after falling out of the March GRUME. If you haven't bought anything yet this month you are welcome to join us

We all started somewhere, usually with too many soaps, razors, blades and/or brushes so welcome aboard.
My own acquisition disorder is still in full swing so I am in the April GRUME to try to curb my buying after falling out of the March GRUME. If you haven't bought anything yet this month you are welcome to join us

Thanks for the welcome. I have a birthday coming up early May, and will be hinting heavily to SWMBO for a puck of C&S Oxford & Cambridge. So i will skip the April GRUME, but will certainly join in future.

I finished a soap this evening. The Ariana & Evans Spartacus. Excellent product, easy to use and great slickness and post shave feel. Since realising that my soap collection will take years to use up Ive been loading "generously" but I was surprised to only get 30 shaves from a 4 ounce puck. I think on the next puck of Spartacus I will probably get double that. The hit list of completed product so far is:

TOBS Eton College cream
TOBS Peppermint cream
TOBS Grapefruit cream
TOBS Platinum cream
TOBS Avocado cream
DR Harris Marlborough soap
A&E Spartacus soap

The filthy hoard currently stands at (in no particular order)

Fine Accoutrements American Blend hard soap
Fine Accoutrements Platinum hard soap x 9
Mitchells Wool Fat soap x 11 (had 40 shaves)
Razorock Emperor soap x 2
TFS Bergamoto Neroli soap
TFS Mandarino soap
Haslinger Sheeps Milk soap
A&E Spartacus soap
TOBS Royal Forest cream
TOBS Grapefruit cream
DR Harris Windsor soap x 2
DR Harris Arlington soap x 2
Stirling Executive Man soap
Wickham Soap Company 1912 soap

I will decide the next victim.....

Last edited:
I finished a soap this evening. The Ariana & Evans Spartacus. Excellent product, easy to use and great slickness and post shave feel. Since realising that my soap collection will take years to use up Ive been loading "generously" but I was surprised to only get 30 shaves from a 4 ounce puck. I think on the next puck of Spartacus I will probably get double that. The hit list of completed product so far is:

TOBS Eton College cream
TOBS Peppermint cream
TOBS Grapefruit cream
TOBS Platinum cream
TOBS Avocado cream
DR Harris Marlborough soap
A&E Spartacus soap

The filthy hoard currently stands at (in no particular order)

Fine Accoutrements American Blend hard soap
Fine Accoutrements Platinum hard soap x 9
Mitchells Wool Fat soap x 11 (had 40 shaves)
Razorock Emperor soap x 2
TFS Bergamoto Neroli soap
TFS Mandarino soap
Haslinger Sheeps Milk soap
A&E Spartacus soap
TOBS Royal Forest cream
TOBS Grapefruit cream
DR Harris Windsor soap x 2
DR Harris Arlington soap x 2
Stirling Executive Man soap
Wickham Soap Company 1912 soap

I will decide the next victim.....

That is a nice inventory to choose from.

I started my Cella journey with 152gr. My earlier scale reading was 130gr. Today scaling shows that Cella is 119gr. I confess I used 2-3 times other creams/soaps. I expect to finish it around June. Sticking to one product, increase your skills on that specific product and after a certain time, you start to use in full performence. At this stage you do not push any more to finish it but instead you start to fill use more longer and enjoy from this product. This feeling helps you to finish the product faster :001_rolle.

Cella journey continues... I started with 152gr. Today I reached two digits :thumbup: .

cella99.jpeg

Top Bottom