What's new

My Guess... 3017

Finally finished all my samples. Took about a month.
IMG_20210104_180335~8.jpg

Well I didn't quite get round to finishing my Proraso red. I had about one week's worth of shaves left but I've had to stop using wood scented products for my wife. I will use the remainder whilst she is out of the house occasionally! On the plus side it meant I had an excuse to buy some Proraso White pre shave!

For now I have turned my attention to my Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate soap. Smells amazing to me and last time I used a little puck of this it lasted quite a few months... Settling in for the long hall.

First shave went smoothly!

IMG_20210206_123702_021.jpg

Two months ago I bought a brick of Vitos Red but I will use it 100gr at a time!
My brick of Vitos (extra coco) is about to celebrate two years of daily shaves (on 21 Feb). According to my spreadsheet it is likely to last till its fourth birthday. :eek2:

Of the Italian soft soaps, my two favorites, hands down, are Boellis Panama 1924 and Vito’s Red. Two outstanding soaps. With Vito’s a fraction of the price of Boellis, I know which one I’m buying next.

I'm calling a kill.

Back in late November I grated 2 pucks of new formula Haslinger Schafmilch and pressed them into a container. During this mornings shave I noted the container is about half depleted. I think I get to declare a kill of 1 puck of Haslinger. I'm now working on the second puck.....or maybe its a blend of the first and second puck.....er.....whatever. One puck down one to go. Just shows the effects of COVID and working from home. Back in the day a puck of Haslinger lasted 40 - 45 days. Now it lasts close to 2.5 months. The next puck should last until late Spring. Then I can slide into a nice Summer soap or cream.

Incidentally, after a couple months of shaving I stand by my earlier claim that new formula Haslinger is excellent. I simply wave a Simpson T3 synthetic at the schafmilch for a few moments and am rewarded with a lather that rivals the top artisans in performance. Good stuff!! Its been a winter of excellent shaves.

I'm calling a kill.

Back in late November I grated 2 pucks of new formula Haslinger Schafmilch and pressed them into a container. During this mornings shave I noted the container is about half depleted. I think I get to declare a kill of 1 puck of Haslinger. I'm now working on the second puck.....or maybe its a blend of the first and second puck.....er.....whatever. One puck down one to go. Just shows the effects of COVID and working from home. Back in the day a puck of Haslinger lasted 40 - 45 days. Now it lasts close to 2.5 months. The next puck should last until late Spring. Then I can slide into a nice Summer soap or cream.

Incidentally, after a couple months of shaving I stand by my earlier claim that new formula Haslinger is excellent. I simply wave a Simpson T3 synthetic at the schafmilch for a few moments and am rewarded with a lather that rivals the top artisans in performance. Good stuff!! Its been a winter of excellent shaves.

How would you tell a new formula Haslinger from an older one?

How would you tell a new formula Haslinger from an older one?

Its been a couple years since I used tallow Haslinger so Im sure their are some subtle difference. Having said that, in my 5 star rating based on nothing other than it sounds cool, both formulas rate 5 stars. The current schafmilch has been a stellar performer for me.

It is VERY soft soap. More of a croap. If it was triple milled, it would also last me a month.

Yes, very soft. I 3017'nd Hallows in the soft heart base a few months ago. I think it lasted me 3-4 weeks. Mine was really to soft to even call a croap. I hated the scent....literally hated it.....but performance was excellent.

Top Bottom