What's new

My Guess... 3017

OH! Might have to jump on the Speicktember bandwagon! I have a tube of cream and I have been wanting to continue with creams. The tube is on deck! Should coincide with finishing ABB Principe Real.

Trumper Rose is plugging along. About a month in and I’m getting reliable, average lathers, but the scent is great. I love what Trumper does with their basic scents.

OH! Might have to jump on the Speicktember bandwagon! I have a tube of cream and I have been wanting to continue with creams. The tube is on deck! Should coincide with finishing ABB Principe Real.

Awesome! Sounds like the start of a party!

As good as any Covid-19 era party I've taken part of.

Gettin' there...:)

IMG-1082.jpg

I'm calling this one done. 47 shaves @87,5 g =1,86 g/shave.
Could've used less and still have enough for 3 passes.
Overall a positive experience, better than I remembered.

IMG-1088.jpg

Will rotate for a week or two to get some perspective, (control shaves).
Next 3017 will probably be a partial tub of Proraso red (81g).

I finished off a tube of Ingram cream yesterday. It wasn't quite as cold as I remember it being a few years ago but still nice and got some good shaves from it. Started on a puck of tallow Haslinger Sage today. That was a really nice shave.

I have been trying to use up a sample of Cyril R. Salter Wild Rose. I have used several samples of rose scented cream and have several more waiting. I don't really like floral scents. This little sample has given me 11 shaves so far. I'm guessing it finished in the next few days.

Well, I hit bottom on a tub of CF Lime. Finding it totally meh. Love the AS, though. Probably 3-4 months total before I'm done. This one feels more like work.

iColoniali mango soap is hanigng tough. My infrequent shave schedule means I have a number of months left to enjoy it. This is one of the rare 3017 efforts where I'm in no hurry to see it go. Its been excellent and I'm far from tired of the scent. Performance is only slightly below the top tier for me. Good enough that I want to see it last a good long while.

Almost 2 months into a puck of Cade that is starting to show some wear. NOS, at least 7 or 8 years old. Fantastic in every way. I think using a synthetic brush has pulled this soap up a full star in performance from the last time I 3017’d Cade in late 2014-early 2015.

Well, I hit bottom on a tub of CF Lime. Finding it totally meh. Love the AS, though. Probably 3-4 months total before I'm done. This one feels more like work.

I find CF Limes to be very good, but the Lavender is definitely one or two steps above. Very creamy, velvety lather that is hard to find elsewhere.

Top Bottom