What's new

My Guess... 3017

24DFC95D-3ACC-4C8E-ABFF-5CD7C8CA4271.jpeg
F24F02EE-5954-43AF-A734-6620710F2A01.jpeg

my tabac before shaving this morning. I’m typically a boar user, and being thst I shave both my head and face, I load like the soap threatened my family.

Haven't checked in to B&B for a few years now, but good to recognize some of the same names here in the 3017 thread. I've managed to make it through most of my stash at this point which had really gotten out of control around 2015 and resulted in me doing the yearly sabbaticals 2015-2017 while active here on B&B. Not sure if those are still a thing, hopefully so!

Still practicing the 3017 life, but down to the last of my MWF and for the first time in recent memory will be on the search to purchase a soap to use...

Haven't checked in to B&B for a few years now, but good to recognize some of the same names here in the 3017 thread. I've managed to make it through most of my stash at this point which had really gotten out of control around 2015 and resulted in me doing the yearly sabbaticals 2015-2017 while active here on B&B. Not sure if those are still a thing, hopefully so!

Still practicing the 3017 life, but down to the last of my MWF and for the first time in recent memory will be on the search to purchase a soap to use...

It is my goal in life to someday get there myself. PdP #63 is making me question my choices.

It is my goal in life to someday get there myself. PdP #63 is making me question my choices.

Good to see you're still around Bob! (and Rick, who liked my post - I guess that's some new functionality that I didn't know existed...still remember fondly the old vBulletin days!)

Oddly enough I never tried any PdP soaps, despite taking part in far too many shave soap and shave cream passaround boxes. Is it similar in performance to LPL or MdC?

I've been away from the forums for so long I don't even recognize a lot of the brands I'm seeing on WCS and Maggards. Tempted to try something new but after 6+ years of working through the backlog of both artisans and staples it's like re-entering a strange world!

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Finished my first puck of Williams, took approximately 3 weeks which kind of surprised me as I was anticipating it lasting slightly longer, but regardless, it felt like an accomplishment to learn how to make it lather. I have to say I came to appreciate it. Easily has to be one of the least expensive if not THE least expensive product available to the wet shaving community. Up next is a mostly full tub of Crown Shaving Co cream picked up on the good 'ole BST forum.

I just finished off my first puck of Williams a week or two ago and I got 3 weeks from it too. I've heard of people making them last a lot longer but I don't feel like I wasted much. Had about the right amount of lather for a 2 or 3 pass shave every day depending on what I planned on doing.

PdP is more like Institut Karite and Provence Sante, but 3x harder. It seems quintuple-milled.
Interesting. Added to my short list.

Picked up a tub of Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood as she's one of the older artisans that I hadn't gotten around to picking up yet. Hoping for a great summertime scent. Arriving tomorrow and looking forward to trying it out.

Long ago, before I had amassed my ridiculous collection or heard of 3017ing, took a summer and used Pre de Provence exclusively. I used an XL C&E super badger (rebranded Edwin Jagger brush) and shaved 3 passes a day. At the end of one month the lettering on top of the soap was still visible. By summer's end I was not a third of the way through the soap.

Mystic Waters Coconut Sandalwood landed this morning and just had my first shave with it. The scent is simply intoxicating. Shave was fantastic as well. Really looking forward to working through my first MW

MW has always been a great soap for me. I 3017’d a tub of Coconut in 2013. Amazing scent and very good performance. Enjoy!

Valobra menthol is done. About 6 weeks of good shaves from this soft soap.

Haven’t decided what to use next, will be either a partial Razorock, a 1/3rd of Lavanda or a new Godrej shave round. Will take till the weekend to decide.

7554B516-8DFB-46E3-B914-048C35916A2D.jpeg

Here we are with a hole in the Tabac. I readjusted last week, moving some of the soap on the sides to the valley, but honestly it’s no match for my trusty Omega 49. I just love the 49. I’ve had the highest end badgers made, and I still end up using my trusty Omega. Maybe it’s because I’m Italian and it just works well with the natural olive oils in my skin. 😂. Whatever it is, it just works, and it chews through soaps. I give it two weeks at best.

The first Stirling sample (Mountain Man), was done last week.
The other one (Margaritas in the Arctic), will be saved for when the weather get warmer here in Sweden.
Will be starting a partial tub (40 grams) of TOBS St Jermyn Street tomorrow.

MW has always been a great soap for me. I 3017’d a tub of Coconut in 2013. Amazing scent and very good performance. Enjoy!
I thought I remembered reading threads about MW being difficult to lather for some folks back in the day. Absolutely no issues here with West Chicagoland water.

Second shave this morning was equally as great as yesterday. Really going to enjoy my time with this soap.

Im using a hairbrush handle to squeeze out every last dollop of Trumpers from the tube. That said, on,y shaving a couple times a week it could last quite a while yet.

I’m undecided on what will be the next victim. I have an unmolested tub of I Coloniali mango soap in the terra cotta dish calling to me. It’s been sitting in the den for a few years. I haven’t had the heart to use it since it’s now unobtainable. But my perspective of such things has changed a bit during these dark days and I’ve suddenly the desire to use and enjoy every last shave I can get out of that dish.

Top Bottom