What's new

My Guess... 3017

Ninfeo di Egeria

I've been thinking which of my soaps would make for a nice spring soap but this one didn't come to my mind. I've got it in my stash too and like the scent.

It is very fresh, greenish-citrusy and sort of creamy-mellow. Quite pleasant.
How do you like the performance?

I finished my samples of Fine's Fresh Vetiver and Klar Klassik. I liked Klar's soap very much and will probably buy a full sized puck after the sabbatical. Not that I need it but I'd love to 3017 a puck of it.

After that I emptied the tub of Goodfellas Smile Savage, which did not compare well with both samples.

I started with Tcheon Fung Sing Pomeriggio on the first of may. It is a small 75 mL tub of croap. The scent is a bit feminine, flowery, minty and with a hint of something reminiscent of raddish. Weird but in no way unpleasant. It gave me very close shaves so far. I might be using up the Mattino and Sera tubs after that as quick hits.

I've been thinking which of my soaps would make for a nice spring soap but this one didn't come to my mind. I've got it in my stash too and like the scent.

It is very fresh, greenish-citrusy and sort of creamy-mellow. Quite pleasant.
How do you like the performance?

I finished my samples of Fine's Fresh Vetiver and Klar Klassik. I liked Klar's soap very much and will probably buy a full sized puck after the sabbatical. Not that I need it but I'd love to 3017 a puck of it.

After that I emptied the tub of Goodfellas Smile Savage, which did not compare well with both samples.

I started with Tcheon Fung Sing Pomeriggio on the first of may. It is a small 75 mL tub of croap. The scent is a bit feminine, flowery, minty and with a hint of something reminiscent of raddish. Weird but in no way unpleasant. It gave me very close shaves so far. I might be using up the Mattino and Sera tubs after that as quick hits.
The performance is getting better. I am still dialing in the water ratio.

Valobra menthol is a good soap. Not great. Very faint but pleasant menthol kick, with a mild almond scent. I like this better than the almond version or Cella.
Burning through it with my Semogue 1305, with a big hole appearing on the bottom today. I’m just one month in, but I had a few head shaves too.

I saw a thread recently stating that Valobra has been taken over by Proraso. If that is the case I wonder if they will continue making these soaps or at least the hard pucks.

Valobra menthol is a good soap. Not great. Very faint but pleasant menthol kick, with a mild almond scent. I like this better than the almond version or Cella.
Burning through it with my Semogue 1305, with a big hole appearing on the bottom today. I’m just one month in, but I had a few head shaves too.

I saw a thread recently stating that Valobra has been taken over by Proraso. If that is the case I wonder if they will continue making these soaps or at least the hard pucks.
Valobra shaving soaps are, for the most part, out of stock everywhere I've looked. A few bars of the softer soap here and there, but the only place that i've seen with any hard soap in stock is Bullgoose.

Since everybody likes to see pictures:
20200506_081040.jpg

My guess is three weeks for this 75 ml tub of croap.

I read somewhere on this forum that Czech and Speake are looking for another shaving soap supplier, which used to be Valobra, apparently. Hopefully, they restart production at some point. I would deeply regret missing out on Valobra.
A German shaving webshop states that Valobra was bought at the end of 2018 and that they would resume production earliest at the end of 2019. Anyone got any news?

A month and a half into NOS tallow Art of Shaving sandalwood soap. The puck is upside down in a Mondial soap tub. Have worked thorough the curve probably 60% left.

Consistent easy shaves. Such a great soap.

Attachments

• 59D1DB91-EB16-484A-A299-47A6A8F6775B.jpeg
    59D1DB91-EB16-484A-A299-47A6A8F6775B.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 20
Making clear and steady progress with PdP right now. For some reason, the center of the soap is heavily dented, so much so that I could break through to the bottom by the end of May. The sides, not so much. The brushes I’ve been using don’t exactly give the sides hell, as @ouch might say.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... and the Tabac is done. The remnants of the ring collapsed this morning and got put in my remnants bowl.

Jularlington comes early!!

I finished off a puck of Williams yesterday. Didn't exactly 3017 it. Just did a week at a time whenever I felt like it. It only lasted 20 shaves, loading it like I hated it. I'll go back to B&M Waves now.

Finished off the puck of Col Conk Lime this morning, I had used it a handful of times before I started the "collecting" phase so it wasn't a complete virgin puck, but as someone on here said it was indeed a quick hitter. Once I got down to business it only lasted about 2 weeks :eek2:

I know it's not considered a top tier soap but I had no issues with it and like the smell just fine. It was a stocking stuffer gift from several years back....

I was planning to move on to a puck of Williams if that one is a quick hitter as well, but I've seen some talk on here about how that stuff lasts forever and ever. Is this true? If so I may want to use something else in the stash next, I'm trying to get a few of the smaller, quicker ones out of the way as to build some momentum....

Here's a photo of the empty mug that held the recently departed Colonel along with the other implements used for this mornings shave

View attachment 1090308
William's goes fast if you use it daily and load it like you hate it. A puck will last me a month.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Haslinger honey is done. 7 weeks of glorious shaves. No fuss, thick, protective lather regardless of brush. Virtually scent free.

Up next, and fitting for this time of year, CRSW Select Savon. Fancy way to say lavender I guess. This is my first 3017 with CRSW.

Still working on a stick of Tabac i smashed into a container. Ive been using it consistently for the last two months, but I have had two, 3-week periods of no shaving mixed in there. Ive decided today that Im going to go back to shaving 6 times per week to maintain some routine. Tabac really is one of the best of the best. I know the scent can be polarizing, but I happen to appreciate it and believe its complexity pairs well with many different after shaves (my current is a bottle of Proraso Red splash I received as a gift for Christmas and have been working through).

I'm thinking I have about a month left of the Tabac but I cannot really be sure. I will probably start on a 3/4 full tube of Palmolive Menthol, since it will be summer, though I have a couple of other menthol soaps I may go with instead.

I will try to get a good picture of the soap for comparative purposes tomorrow.

Top Bottom