What's new

My Guess... 3017

OK, plenty of time cooped up with this quarantine, wife left for an hour so she wont see :blush:

This ins't all of it but it is a good chunk, there's a tabac refil, a vintage Glastonbury era Williams stick and a few other odds and ends that didn't make the photo. I got concerned about longevity/scent retention at one point and vacuum sealed a bunch of stuff. Think I am set for the near future.

IMG_5833.jpg

Sad that it doesn't work for you; Godrej is a wonderful little puck in my den.
It was not meant to be. I think I have one Indian supermarket experiment (of 5? years ago} tube of Palmolive left.
I have a mystery soap in the cupboard that was a Mr Bingle present from a couple od Christmases ago. Whatever it is, it's up next.

OK, plenty of time cooped up with this quarantine, wife left for an hour so she wont see :blush:

This ins't all of it but it is a good chunk, there's a tabac refil, a vintage Glastonbury era Williams stick and a few other odds and ends that didn't make the photo. I got concerned about longevity/scent retention at one point and vacuum sealed a bunch of stuff. Think I am set for the near future.

View attachment 1081410
That's a good stash of quality items..

View attachment 1081410
Nice collection! You'll be done before me, I think (Still not doing a group photo!). Glad I'm not the only one who has a box of Arko just sitting around. It was much too nice a deal to pass up! I'm glad you posted this - reminds me to put the new vacuum sealer to use.

Last edited:
Just had the wife seal the last of my vintage Old Spice and took a very quick, rough count of my remaining products. Fifty items to get through? Including several sticks of Arko. Many have several shaves worth taken off, but I'm looking at 10 years of product.

Last edited:
A&E L'Orange Verte gave up its last shave today. 45 shaves from the tub so it was a decent run. I really liked the scent and performance of this one and would buy it again if I ever need a soap again. Or if they still make it by the time I do.

Next up will be my first shave with a B&M Reserve base - this one is the Waves scent. I've used a few other B&M's and like them a lot so I'm hoping for good things.

First shave with B&M Reserve Waves was pretty great. Compared to A&E, it's denser, creamier, slicker, and slightly better in every way I can think of. A&E was no slouch either. Most of my shaves from it left me with very little irritation. This B&M was a whole 'nother level though. Absolutely irritation free - not even a hint of feedback from the alum. I'm looking forward to 3017'ing this one.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy

View attachment 1081410

Nice! And I believe I speak for many on here when I say I completely understand the bit about taking the pic while you're wife is out for a while :)

Man I REALLY have a hankering to get my hands on some of that Mitchell's Wool Fat soap.....

Broke out a Palmolive Resfrescante tube because I had to shave my father in law and it was the first cream I found. Never been a fan of Palmolive, but it seemed to work on his wiry whiskers.

For me, I found the Bingle - a Pannacrema Pure 2 O.
We'll see...

I made the mistake of putting the P2O out in the open. My ever so helpful M-in-law decided to tidy it up. No idea where to.

So, off to the races with Mystic Water Lemongrass and Blue Gum. Smells a bit like the Marrakesh to me, but it is 2 years old.
Lather - wonderful.

View attachment 1082538

Surely not sufficient to last till 3017.

But I hope all the soaps that came in today will be sufficient to go through this COVID-19 period, or until vaccine is invented.

God bless you all, man.
They are from Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements. I was attracted by their marketing, I would say. The cartoons appeal to me as well. People says they have good performance so I take a go to see. I am not sure yet. I opened the over to smell, not particularly attracted, honestly.

img_0627-jpg.1044331

Here's my stash from the end of 2019. The Speick stick and tub are out (trade and PIF) and one of the NOS Art of Shaving Tallow pucks stacked under the AOS Lemon is in use. The white pucks at right are Cade with a PSGT in front. All except the bagged Palmolive stick are NOS.
That looks easily doable, but still so much soap!!! La Toja and Cade are multiples for me, too. I have 2 NOS AOS Lemon pucks. I don’t think I have many other duplicates. Only one partially used Palmolive stick left to use. Good luck with the rest! Some great shaves in that stash!

Top Bottom