What's new

My Guess... 3017

I'm about halfway-ish through a jar of Barrister and Mann Seville (31 shaves so far). Not my favorite scent, but the performance, as other B&M soaps, is excellent.

TOBS 1805 Soap was done today. 1805 did last 88 days so not too bad but far from amazing. I got 137 days out of Cade for comparison, personal comparison in the same bowl and same two brushes. YMMW. 1805 delivered good performance I think and I really like the scent so got the Spray and the aftershave too last year. Next one up is Arko which has not lost any scent even though it has been in the basement for 7 years now, in its wrapper. Thought maybe it would loose some because of the paper.

Had intentions of starting a vintage puck of Williams but I am determined to finish off this leftovers-frankensoap and probably a couple samples so it will have to wait a few more weeks. The frankensoap is working well, scents come and go as I work my way to the bottom and performance is above average. I guess that makes sense since I mostly chucked scraps of lesser soaps when they got too small to lather so it is really just a mixture of bits of the pretty good stuff.

I’ve been bowl lathering PdP for the last few weeks and it’s been pretty good. I am a confirmed face latherer so I’ve been outside my comfort zone. The quantity of the lather has been fine, but I don’t like the airiness of it. Slickness suffers a bit too.

Back to face lathering today and I was rewarded with an amazing lather. I’m putting the lather bowl back in the closet.

Back to face lathering today and I was rewarded with an amazing lather. I’m putting the lather bowl back in the closet.
That's where all my bowls ended up too.

Now I just lather over a SRD scuttle type mug but I don't use the scuttle aspect of it.

I've been done with lather bowls, scuffles etc for a while.

I still need to replace my broken soap dish with something but that doesn't seem to be a high priority for me. And I'm not looking to spend more than $1.27 on one, so probably not going to happen. Maybe I'll try out my woodworking/carving skills on making a rustic one like @rockviper posted. I don't seem to be using hard soaps lately anyways.

I’ve been bowl lathering PdP for the last few weeks and it’s been pretty good. I am a confirmed face latherer so I’ve been outside my comfort zone. The quantity of the lather has been fine, but I don’t like the airiness of it. Slickness suffers a bit too.

Glad you cracked the PdP code! In prior years I suffered through airy PdP lather. Face lathering for me as well and lots of water.

AoS tallow sandalwood gave up its last this morning. Incredible shaves first to last. I don't remember the exact date I started but I know it lasted longer than 2 months but less than 3. I stocked up on these while they were on eBay so this won't be my last fling with this wonderful soap. I paired it most days with either its matching balm, Captains Choice sandalwood, DRH Marlborough or QCS Esquire. Occasionally B&M Leviathan and Ogalla sandalwood as well.

Up next is a sample of Gatlinburg from Stirling. I found it in the back of a drawer and as I unwrapped it I don't pick up a ton of scent. I think I bought it quite a while ago. We'll see how it goes and if it opens up a bit as it's lathered.

A week into Speick. This is a really excellent soap. Can’t believe I waited 10 years to try it. Easy to lather and fantastic performance. It’s been a few years since I have 3017’d a shave soap stick and I am enjoying that as well.

Very close to being done with a tin of Simpson's Peppermint & Rosemary cream. Not sure what's next- I have a ton of software to go through!
Yesterday, I finally got through the tin of Simpson's Peppermint & Rosemary shave cream.

Moving on to a jar of Paladin/Dark Holler Pythian Way shave soap. It's still listed on their site, but the link goes to a 404. The scent is described as "Lilium, Woods, Vanilla"...all I seem to get is "play-doh", but we'll see.

This is what my Grooming Dept After the Fire looks like after 40 shaves (180 passes).

GD.jpg

The soap is a very good performer. I usually am not a "scent guy" and just judge on performance. However, this soap has a scent that has no appeal for me.

Finished off the leftover bits frankensoap last weekend and moved on to a reef point sample that I acquired some time ago. The label was torn so I could not read what it is but think I saw the word ginger. There isn't much scent left but it is a really good performer. But as with a number of soaps I’ve used it’s discontinued so can’t get no more :thumbdown

CRSW Shapenmelk is nearing the end. Not sure what’s next. I’m really jonesing for some triple milled after a winter of butter heavy soft artisans, but I’m not sure I’m ready to commit that deeply just yet.

CRSW Shapenmelk is nearing the end. Not sure what’s next. I’m really jonesing for some triple milled after a winter of butter heavy soft artisans, but I’m not sure I’m ready to commit that deeply just yet.

Final verdict on the soap?

Top Bottom