What's new

My Guess... 3017

Brave man.
Actually, Proraso Green Preshave, Proraso Green Cream and Proraso ASB are effective for me. However, I am getting the same or better results with Dr Harris Arlington minus the ASB. I just may 3017 the Proraso and take another look at the tallow based milled soaps. TBD

The Arlington seems to have more residual slickness than does the Proraso.

The Matteo soap gave up the ghost last week. 33 nice shaves, a tad drying though. Apparently it is made from coconut oil only, that might explain it.

20200114_074513.jpg

For some time I felt the need to plough through my collection of samples. I recently decided against it and to only use the samples which I haven't gotten in full size and just give redundant samples away. So I finished a sample of Fine's Clean Vetiver and Italian Citrus. Performance was great, the scents might polarize - I didn't care for the first one, tossed the second.

Razorock Nomad is now on the counter. Nice first shave, great scent.

:eek2: Wow, I might need to try one of those once I finish my backlog. But with 58 unopened soaps in the queue don't expect for me to report back soon.

I think their Single Edge line is nice, but it's the same for me, even the numbers, just opened soap no. 58 today. And 500 ml is quite a commitment.

Last edited:
The PdP soap ring at the bottom of the tub broke apart this morning. Looks like it will be about 5 months start to finish. The end is near!

I started a new puck of PdP No 63 last May, but admittedly I'm not shaving every day any longer. I got 84 shaves from it before the end of the year and there was about 2/3 puck left at Jan 1. I'm currently shaving about every other day, so hopefully I can get through the rest of the puck in the next six months or so. The performance is great, and the post shave feel is better if I load a little heavier so I'll be doing that going forward. The scent isn't as alluring as it was when I first opened the puck. Not that the scent has diminished, anything but, it's just that I'm not as in love with it as I was originally :)

I started a new puck of PdP No 63 last May, but admittedly I'm not shaving every day any longer. I got 84 shaves from it before the end of the year and there was about 2/3 puck left at Jan 1. I'm currently shaving about every other day, so hopefully I can get through the rest of the puck in the next six months or so. The performance is great, and the post shave feel is better if I load a little heavier so I'll be doing that going forward. The scent isn't as alluring as it was when I first opened the puck. Not that the scent has diminished, anything but, it's just that I'm not as in love with it as I was originally :)

I’m really enjoying 63 right now. Heck, I’m actually bowl lathering with it and I NEVER bowl lather soaps.

I finally 3017'd the jar of MdC I've been working on. Oddly, I feel a sense of accomplishment:straight:

The end of the jar simultaneously went more quickly than I thought it would (about 10-12 shaves) and took so much longer. It's amazing how sick I am of this soap, even though I really like it. I'm looking forward to getting back into a "normal" rotation. I think I'll take a week off and then pick another soap to tackle.

Finished up a tub of soap I had from Scratch n Scrub and then a tube of Proraso Sensitive two days ago. Drove to the corner and picked up a tube of Proraso menthol. This is good stuff.

Didn't care for the Sensitive but it was an overall decent cream.

Not much else to report. Still using my RR Mamba or Fatboy on 4, single pass, swapping between a Paladin PK-47 and a Simpson M7 Manchurian.

Someone keeps messaging me offers on my M&F Disco 2XL gel tip. I had to tell him Nope, I didn't even know who Declaration Brushes was. :sob:

Finished up a tub of soap I had from Scratch n Scrub and then a tube of Proraso Sensitive two days ago. Drove to the corner and picked up a tube of Proraso menthol. This is good stuff.

Didn't care for the Sensitive but it was an overall decent cream.

Not much else to report. Still using my RR Mamba or Fatboy on 4, single pass, swapping between a Paladin PK-47 and a Simpson M7 Manchurian.

Someone keeps messaging me offers on my M&F Disco 2XL gel tip. I had to tell him Nope, I didn't even know who Declaration Brushes was. :sob:
Hey brucered is that the same Fatboy that you got from me about 10 years ago.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

@Chevyguy Yup, that would be the one, I think.

I picked up another years later at a local antique shop for $10. I rotate them every 6 months or so, to give them equal wear and tear.

When our two boys start shaving, they'll get a crack at claiming either and I'll have to find another.

I secretly hope they want a Slim instead as I'd rather use a FB.

** I gave your post my first every Like. This was a feature that the admins and mods were adament they would never introduce to B&B as they didn't want it to be a popularity contest when posting.

Last edited:
Finished MWF today. I might have one shave left, but the loading was such a hassle today that I decided to call it done. I added the little soap pieces to my facial soap. It lasted exactly 3 months (10/25 to 1/25).

Undecided in the next soap. Maybe CF Lavender, DR Harris Sandalwood soap, or DR Harris 29 perhaps.

I'll pick tomorrow.

@Chevyguy Yup, that would be the one, I think.

I picked up another years later at a local antique shop for $10. I rotate them every 6 months or so, to give them equal wear and tear.

When our two boys start shaving, they'll get a crack at claiming either and I'll have to find another.

I secretly hope they want a Slim instead as I'd rather use a FB.

** I gave your post my first every Like. This was a feature that the admins and mods were adament they would never introduce to B&B as they didn't want it to be a popularity contest when posting.
That's great Bruce, thank you sir. I really wanted to like the Fatboy but the Slim just work's better for me, especially when it come's to shaving under my nose.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Hit the bottom of another tub of Cella today. Probably somewhere between a week and two weeks until it's done. I'm going through a kilo of it, one tub at a time, with other soaps in between the tubs of Cella. I've got 3 tubs of the kilo left after giving a couple tubs away so making progress on it. Cella is a really great value. I like a lot of the new artisan soaps and their great scents but Cella shaves are just as good as those more expensive soaps.
IMG_20200127_113115.jpg

Top Bottom