What's new

My Guess... 3017

Glycerine base soaps are very sticky if you overload them, and they are easy to overload. Discovered that with Col. Conk. With enough water they work very well.

1. Vermont Country Store Lime Musk
2. Lavanda cream
3. LEA stick
4. Haslinger Coconut
5. Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira do Porto cream
It’s been a good year. With a couple trips to Europe and one to Chicago, though, I think I have gained product this year.

Glycerine base soaps are very sticky if you overload them, and they are easy to overload. Discovered that with Col. Conk. With enough water they work very well.

that may be my problem.It could use more water than I’ve been adding. Will give it a try tomorrow. I am a huge fan of the scent, though. While the soap is not much to write home about, we can get our fix with one of the variants of the AS.

Ogallala doesn't seem to be a glycerin soap to me.

Edit; Maybe you are right. I just washed my hands with the soap and it left them very sticky. Binned it.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
that may be my problem.It could use more water than I’ve been adding. Will give it a try tomorrow. I am a huge fan of the scent, though. While the soap is not much to write home about, we can get our fix with one of the variants of the AS.
Hey Mr. @beginish , I'm kinda dense. What scent are you referring to?

A month has elapsed since I started Haslinger Sandalwood and its down a total of 19 grams in that time.:a47: I don't know what is going on, I killed an old formula puck in 18 shaves one time and I am loading pretty much the same way I always do but it just isn't going away. Maybe they added Kryptonite in the reformulation??? :eek2:

Whatever is happening it is not a bad thing, lather is great, scent is perfect for the season so I'll keep doing what I have been doing and enjoy.

I know the feeling... I am working my way through a brick of Vitos. The first 250g or so chunk I cut off I was using my synthetic plissoft brush and was using about a gram a day. About 99% of my shaving stuff is in boxes in anticipation of a move. About two month ago I reloaded my container and have been using my simpson 55. The shaves have been great but after 60 or so shaves I am averaging about 1/3 of a gram per shave. Suddenly this brick is going to last a whole lot longer than I was initially thinking. :eek2:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I know the feeling... I am working my way through a brick of Vitos. The first 250g or so chunk I cut off I was using my synthetic plissoft brush and was using about a gram a day. About 99% of my shaving stuff is in boxes in anticipation of a move. About two month ago I reloaded my container and have been using my simpson 55. The shaves have been great but after 60 or so shaves I am averaging about 1/3 of a gram per shave. Suddenly this brick is going to last a whole lot longer than I was initially thinking. :eek2:
There's a guy on here that left his in his will! Lol, put it in the freezer for your grandkids.

It's like staring into the abyss, isn't it?

Been working the IanS for what feels like months. It's just not going down quickly at all. At this rate will take me into the new year.
Though bored with the scent, it provides great lather. Just about perfect.

I haven't 3017'd anything for quite a while. Looked through my spreadsheet and was amazed all closely I used to track all this stuff!

I've been rotating through two soaps (Mike's Barbershop, DR Harris Arlington) and a cream (Proraso Blue). Mike's is almost done so I may transfer to a smaller dish and try to kill it off quicker.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
6 weeks of using my beta pucks of CBL Tonsorial soaps and I continue to be impressed. I am simply going to hate going back to finish 3017ing my modern Williams afterwards.

I hit a milestone today of 100 shaves on my first puck of Williams. I started to 3017 the partial puck 64 days ago.

View attachment 984232

UPDATE:

I have 223 shaves on this puck of Williams. 187 in a row. I'm working to complete the Cal Ripkin challenge to use WMS 2682 times in a row.

1574222499241.png

Top Bottom