What's new

My Guess... 3017

My last shave with Grooming Department Dapper Mallard soap. It's a very good soap providing a nice, slick lather. I do a four pass face and neck shave and two pass head shave and got 30 shaves out of the puck.

31F3F623-3255-498C-A0C1-8203A4A0F60B.jpeg

Progress report. A few more days.

I need to get through this thread as quick as possible. I'm at three years out and learning a lot however all the ADDs are going crazy. In the past month I've picked up 3 razors (kinda needed though), 2 brushes (Not needed but really enjoying), and about 15 soaps (not needed in the least but such great soaps at amazing prices!).
On the other front Valobra is providing amazing shaves. Only irritation once and was completely user error due to being rushed. The scent has become milder and the cologne I smelled before is about gone.
Also I'm shaving daily which is a first for me. Kinda amazed that it took me this long to learn how to shave right.

Thanks everyone. I’m going to finish off. July killing some samples I probably have 6 months with of samples and keep getting sent more and more pretty much every time I do a trade. First sample on the block is B&M cool.

Killing samples is fun and a great way to feel like you’re making progress. Enjoy the Cool!

Nearing the end of Arlington, as the remains of the puck are disintegrating with each use. I still have a brand new puck in reserve, and with a solid 6 months of use, this soap is a great value especially when you just buy the refill puck.

I will be returning to my 3 months-used puck of TOBS Jermyn Street when this is finished, and I look forward to that excellent soap.

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cream in a tube is now done. 150ml/5oz is quite a thing to see through to the end. I started back in Feb. I think. I forget, but it's been quite a while. Lovely classic British fragrance. I never tired of it. Like a stronger, deeper Arlington. In fact, I paired it with Arlington AS quite a bit. I tended toward the matching AS balm, AdP inspired aftershaves (XXX, Stirling Picenza) and Arlington splash as the finishing touches every morning. Pleasant way to work my way into summer. Still not a huge fan of creams, and still convinced the better tallow pucks trump the creams regardless of how high quality the creams may be. But, I can't knock the tube of BB. It provided excellent shaves. I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a Creighton's cream. It's right there with TOBS, DRH etc. Maybe a bit of extra something post shave - maybe? But very typical Creighton's type performance.

It's the year of creams so up next, and just in time for the dog days of summer, is a brand new tube of Palmolive menthol. Hopefully this isn't quite the same commitment in time. What to pair as an AS? I've pulled out Snake Bite and Cryogen. I'll see what else comes to mind as I start the first week or two with the cream.

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet cream in a tube is now done. 150ml/5oz is quite a thing to see through to the end. I started back in Feb. I think. I forget, but it's been quite a while. Lovely classic British fragrance. I never tired of it. Like a stronger, deeper Arlington. In fact, I paired it with Arlington AS quite a bit. I tended toward the matching AS balm, AdP inspired aftershaves (XXX, Stirling Picenza) and Arlington splash as the finishing touches every morning. Pleasant way to work my way into summer. Still not a huge fan of creams, and still convinced the better tallow pucks trump the creams regardless of how high quality the creams may be. But, I can't knock the tube of BB. It provided excellent shaves. I'm not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't a Creighton's cream. It's right there with TOBS, DRH etc. Maybe a bit of extra something post shave - maybe? But very typical Creighton's type performance.

It's the year of creams so up next, and just in time for the dog days of summer, is a brand new tube of Palmolive menthol. Hopefully this isn't quite the same commitment in time. What to pair as an AS? I've pulled out Snake Bite and Cryogen. I'll see what else comes to mind as I start the first week or two with the cream.
Osage Rub :)

Great job! Was Shave Yeti a glycerine soap?

I believe the answer is yes. At the time I purchased my shave yeti soaps there were six different flavors. So far I have tried two of them (the yeti snot, and the fruit punch one) and found the lather rather wispy and not lasting much at all. I was able to make them work and will probably use up my remaining ones but I am unlikely to purchase more (I have 58 unused soaps) anytime soon.

TIP: The melt/pour soaps can be reformed ... When used the soap to get a hole in the middle I place the tin on my cup warming tray of my espresso machine for awhile and the soap leveled out and became a solid puck (thinner than before).

Ruckin.

Top Bottom