What's new

My Guess... 3017

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Here it is after today. Tomorrow will be the last shave with it. After that, it's the P.160. I'll be running a PIF for folks to guess how long before all 650g of it is gone.
full

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My Godrej round is drawing near to its end, with maybe a week left. That said, I am now in the process of lining up my next target for 3017ing.

Should I use:
A) normal pucks (Haslinger, Mamacita on the Rocks, etc...)
or
B) the Mini-Monster?

650g of THE P.160 Tipo Morbido.
It's called the mini-monster because I have a full untouched kilo of P.160 Tipo Duro waiting as well.
full

@rockviper, I'll take a shot on how long it will take you to get rid of the P160. 1 day. That's how long it will take you to package it and ship it to me so I can dispose of it for you properly.

Today marks a change for my family. We celebrated the high school graduation if my older son. This called for a cheat day and I chose Fine Platinum. My, oh my. What a wonderful shave. It was so much better than my 3017 w/Cella. Tomorrow will be another cheat day to honor mothers. I realize that this forum is heavily frequented by gentlemen, but let me congratulate all of the mothers that read here.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My Godrej journey is complete, with just over 2 months of daily shaves in the book. To me, this is a soap that I could use through to the end of days without complaint.

Even my camera was a little teared-up in saying goodbye to this fine little soap.
full

Here's my 3017 journey thus far:
???????- Oct.14.2012.....Col.Conk Amber (small puck)
Oct.15 - Dec.19.2012.....VDH Deluxe
Dec.20 - Jan.07.2013.....Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet (partial tub)..... Wowwee!!!!
Jan.08 - Mar.06.2013.....C&E Sienna cream
Mar.07 - Mar.28.2013.....Mama Bear Aged Spice (mug soap; they're so tiny, they're cute!)
Mar.29 - May.25.2013.....Palmolive Classica Naturale cream
May.26 - Jun.22.2013.....Proraso Green tube (partial tube, old formula)
Jun.23 - Sep.27.2013.....TOBS Sandalwood cream (I love sandalwood products)
Sep.28 - Nov.02.2013.....Mama Bear Northwoods (partial puck)
Nov.03 - Dec.14.2013.....Mama Bear Amber Romance (partial puck)
Dec.15 - Jan.31.2014.....Klar Kabinett (last 3/4" of my stock)**** suspended to honour terms of winning 3017ing brucered's D.R.Harris PIF
Feb.01 - Aug.29.2014.....D.R. Harris Arlington ........ Nope, no typo; 215 shaves from that puck
Aug.30 - Sep.29.2014.....Klar Kabinett (back in use after the Arlington finished)
Sep.30 - Oct.15.2014.....Rose of Bulgaria cream (partial tube)
Oct.16 - Oct.20.2014.....D.R. Harris Almond (partial tube)
Oct.21 - Oct.31.2014.....RazoRock XXX (partial tub)
Nov.01 - Dec.24.2014.....Blue Willy (grated Williams soaked in Aqua Velva)
Dec.25 - Feb.20.2015.....Dr Dittmar
Feb.21 - Mar.31.2015.....12 cream samples from Mr Bingle Secret Santa
Apr.01 - Apr.19.2015.....Mama Bear Lime Ice (partial puck)
Apr.20 - Jun.22.2015.....Captain's Choice Bay Rum (1/2 container)
Jun.23 - Aug.13.2015.....Mama Bear Winter Grapefruit (partial puck)
Aug.14 - Oct.10.2015.....Godrej round
Oct.11 - Nov.20.2015.....Mitchell's Wool Fat (partial puck)
Nov.21 - Jan.05.2016.....Mama Bear Cucumber Mint (partial puck)
Jan.06 - Feb.15.2016.....Mama Bear Dragon's Blood (partial puck)
Feb.16 - Apr.17.2016.....Cella, Crema da Barba all'Olio di Mandorla
Apr.18 - May.22.2016.....Klar Kabinett (partial puck) **** converted to Nougat blend with 5 other soaps
May.23 - Jun.07.2016.....Proraso Sandalwood (partial tube)
Jun.08 - Sep.27.2016.....nougat (partials of Klar Kabinett, Valobra stick, La Toja stick, Mama Bear's Hydrogen, Mama Bear's Hazelnut, and Arko)
Sep.28 - Oct.28.2016.....Samples (Stone Cottage Hesperides, Mama Bear Spicey Lime)
Oct.29 - Nov.10.2016.....WSP Tobacco, travel puck
Nov.11 - Nov.21.2016.....WSP Matterhorn, travel puck
Nov.22 - Jan.10.2017.....Monsavon
Jan.11 - Feb.01.2017.....Godrej round (suspended to participate in 3017 WILLIAMS thread)
Feb.02 - Apr.07.2017.....Vegan Willy (grated Williams soaked in Lilac Vegetal)
Apr.08 - May.14.2017.....Godrej round (continuation)

Big update - I completed my RazoRock Santa Maria del Fiore jar today. Although it wasn't a perfect soap, it was a wonderful soap nonetheless as it excelled in all aspects. I already have a replacement jar in my den - Naturally, I won't get to it for awhile as I have an extensive list of products that I have never used.

Performance: ****
Scent: ****

Next up:

Mama Bear's Il Siciliano

My 3017 Journey So Far.....

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Who's Bob? Sounds familiar, but I just can't place it. :p

Had my first shave in a few years with my P.160 Tipo Morbido this morning. Smells great, lathers super easy, and the post-shave feel is perfectamundo. :thumbsup: 'Tis little wonder this is/was such a highly regarded soap.

I'm estimating about 19-20 months to finish off the 650g I currently have. It's gonna be a great run of joyous shaves.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
@rockviper Epic!

How long have you had the block? How have you stored it?

My slab'o'joy P.160 Tipo Morbido was acquired over two purchases, each of which is at least 4-5 years ago. I know that because that's how long we're in our current house and I had them before that. I think it is safe to add 2-3 years to their age in my possession.

Storagewise, it was nothing fancy. Double Ziploc bagged, stored in my soap briefcase (yup, an old briefcase filled with soapy goodness and a single cream), and kept in our unfinished basement. No refrigeration, vacuum sealing or anything fancy like that just simple storage in ziplocs in a cool dark area.

I'll be posting a PIF thread sometime soon for folks to guess the finish date, which I will be entering myself as I have no better idea than anyone else. :001_tongu

Hmm, forgot to note the passing of my partial tube of Musgo Lavender cream. I am now working on a tube of Bigalow. Once that is done I will be down to "just soaps". On an unrelated note I am a couple days from 3017 my bottle of Pinaud clubman. Not quite sure what I am going to pull out of the drawer next but I have a bit of time to decide. Most of my soaps were acquired based on seeing them mentioned on this thread so it is going to be hard to have a "wrong" choice.

Ruckin.

Had my first shave in a few years with my P.160 Tipo Morbido this morning. Smells great, lathers super easy, and the post-shave feel is perfectamundo. :thumbsup: 'Tis little wonder this is/was such a highly regarded soap.

I'm estimating about 19-20 months to finish off the 650g I currently have. It's gonna be a great run of joyous shaves.

Holy Smokes!!! 19....to....20....months....

I have been going between Proraso Blue and Simpsons Lavender & Vetiver as of late. I am waiting for my Barrister & Mann 42 to arrive for my next 3017 victim.

Are you putting it all in one bowl? Not very practical, but there would be something cool about it. Kind of a statement of destiny.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Are you putting it all in one bowl? Not very practical, but there would be something cool about it. Kind of a statement of destiny.
Naw, I filled my ceramic Mama Bears soap dish, and there's probably enough left for another 1.5 fills. I did think of making a pseudo MdC brain-bowl, but that you just waste too much or have it dry out IMO. But yeah, it would be neat-o.

Top Bottom