What's new

My Guess... 3017

Taking a bit of a break from the QCS Tangerine to use a sample of Stone Cottage Cream that was given to me. This stuff is great! I could see using a whole jar of this. If the upcoming soap is on par with the cream, we are in for a real treat.
+1! That cream is top notch and doesn't get near the attention it deserves.

Wow that's a lot of shaves on the Cella. Good to know though, as I plan on getting to my tub in early 2017. I use other people's Dara to help build a projection of each soap in my tracking spreadsheet. I had a much more aggressive plan - something like 85 shaves.

Assuming a 150gram tub, 119 shaves comes out to 1.26 grams per shave. That's on par with hard soaps - but I was think Cella is a little softer and would average closer to 1.75.

My tub died at 72, FYI. So, about 2.08 grams per shave.

I also used my Omega S-Brush S10049 for much of the tub. I think the long loft on that brush might have helped with the heavy loading.

I wish I could stick with one soap until it is gone, but I love variety way too much. I do keep a log of how many times I use each soap, but have fun picking a scent for the day. A bit worried that 3017 would being back the "chore" of shaving, or become too repetitive. I give mad credit to those that can stick with 1 soap all the way thru.

I am new to 3017-ing, but I like it. I think it helps to think of it more like in-depth research. I am trying to tweak my lather building to eek out the best performance I can from my current project. Once I think I have done that, I can then decide whether or not I really like the product enough to finish it and possibly repurchase it.

For example, I am two shaves into my TOBS Cedarwood cream. So far my lathers have been too airy, more like whipped cream than yogurt. The shaves have been good with plenty of cushion, but the slickness isn't where I want it to be.

Oh, and breaks do happen here and there for me. Once in a while I use something else, making sure to record which days were breaks so I can track the number of shaves on my project.

The hole in Trumper Violet gets bigger and the ring gets smaller, so getting a decent lather from it is getting harder and harder. Lather volume has been an issue these last few days. I may pitch the ring in the bin, rather than doggedly try to use up every last molecule of the soap.

Also, the 3017 Soap Dish is a go. I have the first production dish in hand, and we will be announcing it in the next week or two. Thanks to all of you for your patience on this. I started dangling this carrot more than a year ago, and I appreciate your not staking me to the ground, covering me in honey and letting a colony of fire ants loose.

The hole in Trumper Violet gets bigger and the ring gets smaller, so getting a decent lather from it is getting harder and harder. Lather volume has been an issue these last few days. I may pitch the ring in the bin, rather than doggedly try to use up every last molecule of the soap.

Also, the 3017 Soap Dish is a go. I have the first production dish in hand, and we will be announcing it in the next week or two. Thanks to all of you for your patience on this. I started dangling this carrot more than a year ago, and I appreciate your not staking me to the ground, covering me in honey and letting a colony of fire ants loose.

This is good news. Even though I haven't 3017ed a puck in awhile. Had to many new soaps enter, plus doing the passaround. I will probably hold back and see if there are any extras before requesting one. Personally I would love one but since I haven't been 3017ing for about 4 months I want to give others first grab!

Thanks Bob for sticking to this... (slowly putting honey back in cupboard)

What am I going to do with all this Honey?
proxy.php

Glad to hear the soap dish is still a go.

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
[MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION] you think you got problems. What am I gonna do with all my fire ants? I've been keeping them hungry in their nests for quite the while now. I'm afraid to tell them about the cancelled banquet.
proxy.php

the hole in trumper violet gets bigger and the ring gets smaller, so getting a decent lather from it is getting harder and harder. Lather volume has been an issue these last few days. I may pitch the ring in the bin, rather than doggedly try to use up every last molecule of the soap.

Also, the 3017 soap dish is a go. I have the first production dish in hand, and we will be announcing it in the next week or two. Thanks to all of you for your patience on this. I started dangling this carrot more than a year ago, and i appreciate your not staking me to the ground, covering me in honey and letting a colony of fire ants loose.

wooooooooooooooooo!

@brucered you think you got problems. What am I gonna do with all my fire ants? I've been keeping them hungry in their nests for quite the while now. I'm afraid to tell them about the cancelled banquet.
proxy.php

Aw man, you were keeping fire ants too? I thought we had all coordinated on this. Oh well, I'm sending mine to Bob as a present anyways :)

That sounds awesome - can't wait to see it!

Great news Bob! Looking forward to seeing it.

I played around with the AOS/C&E last night and found loading it with a wetter brush for a VERY long time worked well. But you can't do too much water because it spills over the edges of the dish. And you don't need that much anyway. Today I used the same thing and I had three passes worth of very nice lather and a very good shave. Anyways, not more than a weeks worth of AOS left I'd guess.

Woot! Thanks Bob for putting this together. I (We) appreciate your efforts on this!

When we roll it out shortly. A few of our august group have seen a couple of the prototypes. I will say that this has been developed in conjunction with the legendary Sara Bonnyman.

Thanks for your work on this. Will it be rolled out in this thread or in a separate one?

Top Bottom