What's new

My Guess... 3017

That's what I do with all of the stuff that is mailed to me at work, just so my wife doesn't learn how truly out-of-hand my ADs have become. :blush:

+1 :thumbup1:

I've been on a tear of Trumper Rose only (save a day here and there) since mid November 2009. I am getting the highest quality of performance because of it. The razor has been the same for the most part and the brush is the same for a month at a time as well. Rather than becoming a boring servitude, it is a pleasure every morning.

You're absolutely right. I've also put all but one razor in the same box in the closet, and the results have been great. It's almost like when I started DE shaving and the only thing I varied was the blade until I found the right one for me. SBAD being what it is, though, I'm rotating brushes like crazy. Regardless, the lathers are amazingly effective, and my only real choice in the morning is what ASB to use. It makes for boring SOTD posts, though, when I'm not posting cool pics to go along with them. :tongue_sm

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Just went a little over the one-month mark on the Pre de Provence. Certainly making headway but I am guessing there is still a good 3 to 4 months to go.

As an aside, the Pre de Provence is a solid performer. No problem lathering this puck up with any brush. Granted this puck soaks for a good 10 minutes prior to use.

No scent whatsoever. When I use a different soap (i.e. for a special occasion) like Floris JF or DR Harris Arlington the scent seems so strong because I have been used to a non-fragrant soap for the last month or so.

The journey continues....

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Here's some updated photos of the current progress using the Pre de Provence after a little over a month straight.

full

full

Here is what the puck of PdP looked like one month ago.

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
That is one tough puck of soap, Bob. How is its resistance affecting your resolve?

Honestly, not bad at all. I have become quite accustomed to using one soap. Additionally, Pre de Provence is certainly an above-average performer so it's not that difficult to keep with it.

Couple this with the fact that I use a different brush everyday, a different razor every 3 days and a different aftershave everyday, it makes the "pain" of using one soap a little easier to bear. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

My PDP is also pretty strongly scented.

Bob, It appears that the soap is wearing down pretty evenly in the picture. Is that the case?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Interesting that your PdP doesn't have much of a fragrance, i'd say mine is pretty strongly scented.

My PDP is also pretty strongly scented.

Bob, It appears that the soap is wearing down pretty evenly in the picture. Is that the case?

The scent is definitely faint. Maybe that occured from using it everyday. :001_huh:

As for wearing down of the soap, the pics don't really give you the appearance of how concave the soap actually is at this point.

My AOS Lavender is starting to get dished out. I attempted to smash it back into place with my thumbs. I didn't do a very even job, but it does look somewhat better. The shaves are still great.

I have about 1/3 of the Pitralon left.

I extracted the Gold Dachs from the OS mug tonight, and was pleased to find that it is only about half as thick as when I started.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
GFT Rose New Old Stock Tallow, began two weeks before Thanksgiving 2009.... Status as of the Saturday of Memorial Day Holiday Weekend 2010....

proxy.php

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I'd really like to hear how you think the NOS and the new formulation compare.

I honestly can't detect any distinct difference in it at all. I would not seek out the Tallow formula in the future but rather would just continue to purchase the current formulation. The Trumper Rose has it's fans (Im strongly in that camp) and it's detractors who point out CORRECTLY that there is in fact ZERO Rose essence, oils, etc in the formula. It has been pointed out that it contains Carnation rather than Rose. I enjoy it daily and never tire of the scent or the lather producing capabilities of the GFT Rose. Coupled with the Vulfix 2 band Grosvenor ( I swear this brush and the Rose soap are made for each other) I achieve exactly what I expect from a quality lather each and everyday. I do utilize Distilled water because of the well water here at the Florida cottage shant never touch the snow white tips of my brush.

Top Bottom