What's new

My Guess... 3017

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
My apologies ahead of time. :biggrin:

Since I completed the C&E Sandalwood soap, I started on a tin of Pre de Provence which I had used maybe a dozen or so times before I started to use it everyday.

This soap is really hard and I imagine it is going to last a long time. I'll post a pic soon so as to document the starting point for posterity. :rolleyes:

full

Last edited by a moderator:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
What do you think of the Pre de Provence Bob?

I find it to be an excellent soap.

I have always found it to be an above-average soap. I just posted in a thread wherein the member was poo-pooing it. Yes, there are better but it is certainly worthy of consideration.

He'll have 6 months to give you a really good answer! LOL!

Being very aggressive when loading up the brush. :shifty:

I have always found it to be an above-average soap. I just posted in a thread wherein the member was poo-pooing it. Yes, there are better but it is certainly worthy of consideration.

Being very aggressive when loading up the brush. :shifty:

It's going to be a long year!:tongue_sm

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Here is some pics of the next puck I am taking on. This is a tin of the Pre de Provence. Ok. Let's see how long this takes.

full

full

full

and yes Jim. It is going to be a very long year. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice collection.

I feel like a bit of a fraud at the moment as I don't yet have any Mitchell's Wool Fat in my shave den. A real pity as it's made only 60 miles or so away from where I live. I must do something to sort that out when I get paid next month :)

Nice collection.

I feel like a bit of a fraud at the moment as I don't yet have any Mitchell's Wool Fat in my shave den. A real pity as it's made only 60 miles or so away from where I live. I must do something to sort that out when I get paid next month :)

Then get yourself in the car and pick up some of that Wool fatty goodness!
:001_tt2:

Pick a soap out from your collection and join me, dammit. :biggrin:

Don't be afraid. Who's in?

(I feel like Belushi in Animal House. :rolleyes: )

Is it soap only, or can we do a cream instead?

I've got a tub of D.R. Harris Lavender (old formula) I've been thinking about working through exclusively... :thumbup1:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Is it soap only, or can we do a cream instead?

I've got a tub of D.R. Harris Lavender (old formula) I've been thinking about working through exclusively... :thumbup1:

We've got one taker. Do I hear two? C'mon get to know the qualities of a product through and through. Why you chose it in the first place. Why you can't do without it. Why you won't replace it. Why its just sitting there in your shave den.

Look at Jason. He stuck his toe in the waters of mono-cream. After all these years, still an adventurer. :wink:

Btw Jason. Pics and updates.

Do it! :yesnod:

We've got one taker. Do I hear two? C'mon get to know the qualities of a product through and through. Why you chose it in the first place. Why you can't do without it. Why you won't replace it. Why its just sitting there in your shave den.

Look at Jason. He stuck his toe in the waters of mono-cream. After all these years, still an adventurer. :wink:

Btw Jason. Pics and updates.

Do it! :yesnod:

Will do -- I'll tack on my updates into this thread? Or would you prefer I start my own? I figure together in here, we can convince some other duders to step up and join us! :thumbup:

Yes, I'm in. I have a short stub of a Valobra stick to finish first, but will then move to Gold Dachs. I love this soap, but it is not in danger of extinction like my favorite tallows, so I have no fear that it will be one and done.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Welcome aboard Bob. Don't forget to post a starting pic and some progress pics as you go.

A couple of pics of the Simpson 57 at work wouldn't be hard to look at either. :wink: :biggrin:

OK. Who else? Anyone else named Bob (or Jason) want in? :biggrin:

Last edited:
Pick a soap out from your collection and join me, dammit. :biggrin:

Don't be afraid. Who's in?

(I feel like Belushi in Animal House. :rolleyes: )

I'll do it. But Its going to have to wait a week or so. I'm next up on the new formulation Pen's B&B puck pass and starting tomorrow I'm going to use my tallow 5th B&B until I get the reformulated puck.

So I've got around 10 days to figure out what soap is going to be put to rest this year :lol:

Top Bottom