What's new

My Guess... 3017

101 shaves with Mogno. Grated it in a Fine lather bowl. Still can't see the bottom ribs of the bowl.

Attachments

• 20230520_202913.jpg
    20230520_202913.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 12
Today was shave 1548 on my never ending brick of Vitos. If I believe the scales I have only 192 more shaves and I should be done at the end of November (this year). I will celebrate by diving into a bowl of Tabac (pif'd from our own @johnniegold) .. I hear that soap doesn't last very long so I might start gaining some momentum in thinning down my backlog.

Today was shave 1548 on my never ending brick of Vitos. If I believe the scales I have only 192 more shaves and I should be done at the end of November (this year). I will celebrate by diving into a bowl of Tabac (pif'd from our own @johnniegold) .. I hear that soap doesn't last very long so I might start gaining some momentum in thinning down my backlog.
Yeah, Tabac will give you less than 10% of what your Vitos gave you. What a rip off, lol.

That soap has never met @ruckin before. You might finish it by 2030.

Roughly 40 shaves into Haslinger and it won't be long now. I've been breaking in a new Zenith boar so usage has been higher than normal. I'm going to try and chase the last bits around until the end of the month, see if I can start the next 3017 effort out on June 1...not sure what it will be just yet. Here's the new Zenith right out of the box next to an Omega.

Zenith.jpg

I am 11 shaves into a sample puck of Ogallala Bay Rum and have already broken through.

I can't remember ever using a soap that lathered so profusely! Just 15 seconds on the puck with an Omega boar brush, take it to the shaving bowl, add a little water, and in short order I have a humungous amount of lather! My last several soaps have been triple-milled and performed very well in their own way, but none of them lathered so quickly or so profusely as this one.

I'd have to mark this soap down on things like residual slickness and cushion but paired with a mild razor (I'm using my Rockwell 6S with the #2 plate), it's a fun soap to use.

3.5 months into my tin of SV and making progress. I’ve been using a small synthetic brush that is too dense with the knot set too deep, so I’ve overloaded the last couple of days. In any case, I continue to be blown away by how protective this soap is. I have to be really careless or aggressive to get a weeper, let alone a nick. I don’t think I’ve used a soap as effective as SV is.
Can you comment on the durability of this soap?

Can you comment on the durability of this soap?

I’m almost 3 months in and have about 1/4 of the puck left. I’m loading dense brushes for 10 seconds after soaking the puck. It’s not as durable as Pre de Provence (7 months with longer loading time) or DR Harris pucks (5 months with longer loading times). It’s a fantastic soap and I have no hesitation about replacing it when it’s gone.

I got tired of chasing the last bits of Haslinger around the Proraso mug. That 3017 is complete and I can say that for me the veggie version of Haslinger is an absolute winner on every front.

Last summer I 3017'nd a jar of MdC Agrumes. Nothing like citrus in the morning to get the blood pumping and MdC was excellent, but the year prior I had 3017'nd a tube of Italian Palmolive which has a healthy dose of menthol and I found at times last summer I was missing that menthol kick. Some of Stirlings mentholated products came highly recommended and I was looking for something citrus, so this morning I started the next 3017 journey with Stirlings MITA and matching A/S splash. Its Memorial weekend so going to a US artisans seems fitting as well.

I'm not a meth head so I didnt go for one of the "glacial" offerings. This mornings shave proved me correct in going with the standard dose of menthol. Both the soap and splash had just the right amount. The scent is predominately lime with enough other stuff going on to keep it interesting. I love the scent, love the menthol, and various performance categories where not quite as good as Haslinger but very good never-the-less. Its a new soap and I went from using a large boar to a small synthetic so no doubt once I get a few shaves under my belt this will prove to be a high performer. I'm expecting a Summer of cooool shaves. Cheers!

MITA.jpg

Hello everybody.

I won't 3017 soaps but I use 1 per month.
I was tired to not see signs of usage by using soaps in a roulement.:angry:

Well, in may I use MWF. I had previously problems to find the good mix of soap and water as other people.

Using it everyday helped. I make great lather, love the smell but won't buy it again due to the ingredients and being a bit finicky. ( Sorry for my english).

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Hello everybody.

I won't 3017 soaps but I use 1 per month.
I was tired to not see signs of usage by using soaps in a roulement.:angry:

Well, in may I use MWF. I had previously problems to find the good mix of soap and water as other people.

Using it everyday helped. I make great lather, love the smell but won't buy it again due to the ingredients and being a bit finicky. ( Sorry for my english).
There is a new formulation of MWF using palm oil instead of tallow but the jury is out on the performance

Top Bottom