What's new

My Guess... 3017

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Five shaves in and down six grams on the TOBS. I think today was optimal. I loaded a bit longer and with a wetter brush and had a terrific shave. I can see I’ll have to get over my tendency to want efficiency and economy out of my soaps.
Yeah, I wanted efficiency and economy out of my soaps too, til I realised that if I kept getting efficiency and economy I'd have enough soap to last me the rest of this life and the next.

Arko August is done, house renovations are done, so no more shower shaving for me. I started Arko August with a half stick of Arko, and kept going with it until it was done, 119 shaves on it until the nub in the twist up container was put into my clown puke tub. Shower shaved with a Wilkie stick until the sinks were back up and running.
So now I'm back to my What the Puck Orange. Today will be 42 shaves on it. Looks like it's gonna last a long long time, but I'm okay with that.

Just finished this bowl of D.R.Harris Marlborough soap.

20211018_051727.jpg

Next up is this...I can't wait. It's my first QCS experience.

20211018_051752.jpg

Today was the end of a Clubman Pinaud soap. It was small (only 2.5 ounces) and not hard, so I used it up fairly quickly. For the price, it's not terrible but nothing I'll buy again. My biggest disappointment was that it didn't smell more like the AS.

But now I'm down to 7 soaps!

Tabac
PdP No. 63
Proraso White
Proraso Red
Razorock XXX Fresco
Stirling Coconut Lime
WSP Barbershop

The WSP is probably the next closest to being used up and the only one with less than 50% left. Stirling may be close to 50%.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
That's a great accomplishment, @AZBronco ! Please don't say you will be celebrating by buying a few soaps :tongue_sm
But seriously, do you have a number in mind as to what you end stock number (or soaps) will be going forward?

That's a great accomplishment, @AZBronco ! Please don't say you will be celebrating by buying a few soaps :tongue_sm
But seriously, do you have a number in mind as to what you end stock number (or soaps) will be going forward?
I'm thinking the right number for me is 5. There are two that I'd really like back in my rotation (Proraso Green and Captain's Choice Nor'easter)--but I've resisted adding them back while I work down to that number. My target rotation would be:
Razorock XXX Fresco
Captain's Choice Nor'easter
Proraso Green
PdP No. 63
One spot for randomly trying different things

The QCS was one of my favorites. Shame it’s not available anymore.
Indeed. QCS Provence hard soap is one of my all-time favorites. I used it exclusively when I had it, not to 3017 it, but just because it was that good. I would love to know what the EOs were that made up that fragrance. Stellar performer, too.

I enjoyed my (over?)loaded silvertip full of TOBS today. The scent of this cedarwood could be a daily driver for me in perpetuity, I think. However, I do prefer some of my hard soaps as performers. This one is dialed in pretty well and I'm getting great shaves, but it ain't Palmolive or Speick.

View attachment 1346955
Best and fastest way to finish a shaving soap is to press into the bowl. I pressed my 1/3 wilkinson stick and after 6-7 shaves it is looking like this :001_rolle
Today I get very close to finish pressed wilkinson stick
Tomorrow may be I'll need help of from a little peace of another soap or cream to reach a decent lather :001_rolle

3017wilkinson.jpeg

If you want to finish fast, smash your shaving sticks in a bowl :thumbup1:

Very soon the Proraso Green will be finished as well. Each and every 3017 product finished reminds me to not buy any more soap or creams. Generally I follows these reminders :biggrin1:

3017wilkinsonfinish.jpeg

Et Voila !! Today I finished my Wilkinson Stick !! Of course the remaining residue was not enough for a decent lather and Maca Root cream gave me a hand :biggrin1:

My next target will be More For You ("MFY") barber soap (the same puck of Derby in the bowl). The remaing MFY will be finished in a couple of shaves. Meanwhile Proraso green is close to be finished as well.
1634728496727.png
1634728566289.png

Top Bottom