What's new

My Guess... 3017

I finally finished off a 100g tub of Cella. It lasted two years, and I shaved every 2-3 days. Very good soap. I'll likely buy it again in the future.

Just started a puck of Fine L'Orange Noir soap (old tallow edition). I'm not really sure I like the scent at all, but the performance is excellent.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I finally finished off a 100g tub of Cella. It lasted two years, and I shaved every 2-3 days. Very good soap. I'll likely buy it again in the future.

Just started a puck of Fine L'Orange Noir soap (old tallow edition). I'm not really sure I like the scent at all, but the performance is excellent.
I hope mine doesn't last that long or I'll really be in trouble when I try 3017ing my MWF

Are you missing a zero on that 100g supply?!? Those are very different soaps. Can't wait to hear your take

Last edited:
Haven't been too active on B&B but still chugging along on my own journey. I finished my CB waterlyptus a week and a half ago and I'll say that soap is great.

Fresh light scent, very slick, rinses clean, good post shave, slight hint of menthol. The only thing I found to complain about is that I dislike the original container but that had an easy remedy and honestly a bit of a reach

Now if only I didn't have literally decades worth of soap so I could/should buy more.

20210928_191848.jpg

I've moved onto Haslinger Ringelblumen (veg blend). This will be my first 3017 of Haslinger but it's already proven itself. I'm happily ignorant of how the tallow stuff performed. I'll probably move the soap to a lidded container since it completely dries between shaves on my current schedule.

The Mama Bear puck is wearing perfectly evenly, no donut hole of death forming. I wonder if that’s typical of glycerin soaps?

Performance has been excellent and progress slow. I thought the small puck would last a month. Now I suspect I will be shaking hands with it on New Years Eve.

The Mama Bear puck is wearing perfectly evenly, no donut hole of death forming. I wonder if that’s typical of glycerin soaps?

Performance has been excellent and progress slow. I thought the small puck would last a month. Now I suspect I will be shaking hands with it on New Years Eve.
Seems like I've heard others mention it wears even. I might have to get a puck or six to try that out.

Speaking of forever... My brick of Vitos Extra Coco has survived 949 shaves so far and I still have not finished the second of three chunks... I am also working on a some Floid blue but I only have 580 shaves on that bottle.
Oh my! I had two bricks of Cella and I PIFed one of them because I later thought it would expire before I could use all of it. I traded a couple of chunks of the remaining one and gave a chunk to a friend to get him started on his DE shaving journey. I used some of what's left but still have about half a kilo remaining. I'm considering dedicating the year 2022 to using as much of it as I can (responsibly of course). Whatever the outcome if I decide to go through with it, 2023 will be a welcome sight and a reason to celebrate.

Top Bottom