What's new

My Guess... 3017

proxy.php

@Bugin, it arrived safe and sound. Thanks again. To me it’s got a powdery scent similar to Old Spice. But to be fair I suck at identifying scents. I wonder what the scent is that this is supposed to be a copy of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was happy to send it. As I said before I enjoy the scent but not for an extended time. I'm also not great at distinguishing scents so I have no idea of what it was intended to smell like. To me it smells like the holidays for what that's worth.

I'm still getting great shaves from my mini brick and since I'm not shaving daily I've been using my big boar to make up the difference.

Started using the puck of Col. Conk Lime I first used four years ago. Will probably alternate with the never wearing home-made soap I'm working on. Not all in on the scent, but it works fine for shaving. Nothing over the moon about it, but I always get good shaves once I figured out how much water it needs -- easy to get sticky under-hydrated lather with those melt and pour soaps.

Gonna take forever -- the Amber I used some time back lasted 150 shaves, and the home made stuff seems to be similar.

Just over a month into my puck of Haslinger Aloe Vera and it's still going strong. I have to say that its lather is more creamy than several of the soaps I have used over the past year or so ... and that's a good thing.

Then you should definitely try the Haslinger Schafmilch, too

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Then you should definitely try the Haslinger Schafmilch, too

Sure thing! Let me catch up on the few remaining stragglers in my den first though :hips:

Shaving Creams
- Nivea
- Palmolive Classic
- Proraso Blue

Shaving Soaps
- Arko
- Art of Shaving Lemon (old formula)
- Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
- Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
- Barrister and Mann Seville
- Barrister and Mann Sinfonia
- Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
- Captain's Choice Bay Rum
- Captain's Choice Venture
- CBL Premium Black Rose Oud
- CBL Premium Carnation
- CBL Premium Dragon's Blood
- CBL Premium Ghost Pineapple
- CBL Premium Orange Dirt
- CBL Premium Russian Tea
- CBL Premium SIR Fougere
- CBL Premium Tabacaveg
- CBL Premium The Shaving Cadre
- CBL Tonsorial Money
- CBL Tonsorial Monkey Puck
- CBL Tonsorial Yardley Lavender
- Haslinger Aloe Vera
- Honeybee's Bamboo Teak
- Honeybee's Oakmoss
- Lisa's Natural Doc Holiday
- Mama Bear Bay Rum
- Mama Bear Lime Cilantro
- Mama Bear Roses
- Mama Bear Ye Olde Barbershoppe
- Martin de Candre
- P.160 Tipo Duro
- Palmolive stick European
- Saint Charles Shave Fairway
- Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime
- Tabac
- Tabac stick
- Vie-Long shave stick

Two weeks into Proraso red. Smooth shaving for me. I don't quite understand how people can complain about Proraso products but YMMV I suppose.

I wouldn't necessarily say I've got it dialed in because I'm experimenting with air in my lathers at the moment but I've had nothing but good shaves with it.

View attachment 1179557

I fully agree with you sir. Proraso is great, one of the best pound for pound products if you think about shaving hair off one’s face.

In this and many other hobbies there’s a high correlation between people’s opinion and price paid for a product. One would look very stupid towards other forum members if he paid so much for a piece of gear that does the same job of a cheap product, wouldn’t he?

I particularly love the $300+ razor reviews where gents say “best shave of my life.... just 3 small weepers on my neck”:lol:

Sure thing! Let me catch up on the few remaining stragglers in my den first though :hips:

Shaving Creams
- Nivea
- Palmolive Classic
- Proraso Blue

Shaving Soaps
- Arko
- Art of Shaving Lemon (old formula)
- Barrister and Mann Cologne Russe
- Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
- Barrister and Mann Seville
- Barrister and Mann Sinfonia
- Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
- Captain's Choice Bay Rum
- Captain's Choice Venture
- CBL Premium Black Rose Oud
- CBL Premium Carnation
- CBL Premium Dragon's Blood
- CBL Premium Ghost Pineapple
- CBL Premium Orange Dirt
- CBL Premium Russian Tea
- CBL Premium SIR Fougere
- CBL Premium Tabacaveg
- CBL Premium The Shaving Cadre
- CBL Tonsorial Money
- CBL Tonsorial Monkey Puck
- CBL Tonsorial Yardley Lavender
- Haslinger Aloe Vera
- Honeybee's Bamboo Teak
- Honeybee's Oakmoss
- Lisa's Natural Doc Holiday
- Mama Bear Bay Rum
- Mama Bear Lime Cilantro
- Mama Bear Roses
- Mama Bear Ye Olde Barbershoppe
- Martin de Candre
- P.160 Tipo Duro
- Palmolive stick European
- Saint Charles Shave Fairway
- Soapy Bathman Tropical Lime
- Tabac
- Tabac stick
- Vie-Long shave stick

show off!

Two weeks into Proraso red. Smooth shaving for me. I don't quite understand how people can complain about Proraso products but YMMV I suppose.
I have only used two products: the original tube cream and Sensitive in the white tub. I agree that the tube is pretty amazing, but the white tub does not perform quite as well for me. I can't get as dense or slick a lather. If I load more, I just get a larger volume of the same lather. There is also a bit of a gummy feeling after a swipe of the blade. I can blade buff my chin safely, but initial and residual slickness does not match the cream.

I might be working on a contender for the best shave dollar per pound title. On 21 Feb 2019 I cracked open a brick of Vitos extra super coco (I paid $9.95US for it). It was separated into three "chunks" and smooshed into a barrister and mann container. After 624 shaves I have about 46% of chunk two remaining. If my math is correct I will not complete chunk three until sometime in early 2023. At the rate I am going now this brick will amortize out to less than a penny a day.

My second cheapest soap per shave was a puck of DR. Harris Marlborough that lasted 428 shaves (8.88 cents per shave).

My current favorite brush is a simpson fifty-five so that might contribute a bit to the light loading.

Ruckin

😂😂😂 for a last week of everyday shaving I used about 2,5 grams of soap. Not per shave, but a total of 2,5 grams of soap.
Need to load more, Haslinger is not going to see next year, no way!

Top Bottom