What's new

My Guess... 3017

proxy.php

It’s done. These are all dead as well as 8 more. Took me a little over 4 years to do it. Just added the last of my Stirling Gentleman to the top of my new soap. Felt weird to actually need to order soap again. I’m going to continue to 3017 since now it’s just a habit. So, now on the clock is a tub or Razorock Zi Peppino. I wasn’t sure what to expect from a green tobacco scent, and I quite like it, not at all what I expected. Shaves are good, but as always in the 3017 lifestyle time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nicely done. Do you have an idea on which soap you will buy?

proxy.php

It’s done. These are all dead as well as 8 more. Took me a little over 4 years to do it. Just added the last of my Stirling Gentleman to the top of my new soap. Felt weird to actually need to order soap again. I’m going to continue to 3017 since now it’s just a habit. So, now on the clock is a tub or Razorock Zi Peppino. I wasn’t sure what to expect from a green tobacco scent, and I quite like it, not at all what I expected. Shaves are good, but as always in the 3017 lifestyle time will tell.

Congrats..:)
I hope to be where you are now, in 5 years maybe (give or take 6 months)

proxy.php

Really nicely done. I hope to get there myself someday.

nicely done. Do you have an idea on which soap you will buy?

I bought some razorock soaps on sale, and probably more than I should have. I now have in the neighborhood of little over a years worth of soaps. That’s as far as it gets for me now lol

I should have finished 6 months ago were it not for synthetic brushes. They make soap last FOREVER
That hasn't been my experience at all. My favorite synthetic which is my most used brush overall is a 26mm plissoft and it's a bit of a soap destroyer. I went through a puck of Williams in 20 shaves. A tub of B&M lasts about 30. It makes great lather but it doesn't spare the soap while doing it.

That hasn't been my experience at all. My favorite synthetic which is my most used brush overall is a 26mm plissoft and it's a bit of a soap destroyer. I went through a puck of Williams in 20 shaves. A tub of B&M lasts about 30. It makes great lather but it doesn't spare the soap while doing it.

I’m gonna have to get me one of those then.

I finished the sample of Edwin Jagger Limes and Pomegranate. I didn't think it would last a week but I got 15 shaves out of it. (The matching sample of aftershave lotion only lasted four days). As planned, I will now attempt to use up a jar of LBK Soap Company Irish Tweed Whipped Shaving Cream. This is one of my least favorite shaving products I have tried. It smells great, but the lather is mostly air and it falls apart quickly. Using more has not helped. The lather is still bad, there's just more of it. This is an 8 oz jar which has been used 15 times and has plenty of shaves left in it. This will be a long few weeks.

Polished off the last of the Castle Forbes lime this morning. Shaves were fine. I enjoyed the pure lime scent. I was able to 3017 some partially used aftershaves over the course of using up the CF. QCS Iced Key Lime, Rozorock lime Problem Solver (do they still make that?), a bottle of Stirling lime balm that had turned into more of a milk than a balm, and samples of Ogalla lime and peppercorn and Florida Water. All in all a pleasant summertime 3017 project.

I smashed down a sample of Stirling lemony orange in the empty tub to use while I contemplate the next full size 3017 project.

The only experimenting that I have been doing with Speick cream concerns how much I put in the scuttle. I started with close to an inch, but just over half an inch, maybe 5/8 of an inch, is perfect for two passes and touchups. The opening of the tube is a bit larger than most of the Portuguese creams.4616996D-1AFB-45A5-A85C-B094B1229F5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Just for kicks, my tube of Proraso Cypress and Vetiver weights 61g. We'll see how much less it will be after 5 shaves. I always wanted to know how much cream I am using.

Just started to 3017 a tube of Speick cream. I’m going to use it untill it’s gone then move on to another.

I’m sick of having so much stuff just sold off about half my shave stuff. Next week I will sell off the other half. And use up what remains one at a time.

Attachments

• 2A32D88E-73F5-4EE2-855B-A26251AEDA73.jpeg
    2A32D88E-73F5-4EE2-855B-A26251AEDA73.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 16
Well, it's done. I've finally completed 3017ing my puck of PdP No 63 - started on 5/2/2019 and ended on 9/7/2020. A year and four months and 150 shaves later (For the past six months since I started working at home due to...you know...I've shaved somewhere around every four days to once a week, before that I was probably averaging three times a week.

Now that I've knocked off the PdP No 63 I'm trying to decide whether to finish off a half used tube of L'Occitane Cade (which I may have allergies to, so that might come to a quick end), or complete the 2/3rds puck of Art of Shaving Lavender soap, alas the non-tallow formulation, that my wife gave me along with an AoS starter kit back in 2014 when I started my wet shaving aquisition disorder. I've got a few days to figure out what I'll go with. Thoughts?

Now that I've knocked off the PdP No 63 I'm trying to decide whether to finish off a half used tube of L'Occitane Cade (which I may have allergies to, so that might come to a quick end), or complete the 2/3rds puck of Art of Shaving Lavender soap, alas the non-tallow formulation, that my wife gave me along with an AoS starter kit back in 2014 when I started my wet shaving aquisition disorder. I've got a few days to figure out what I'll go with. Thoughts?
If you think that you may not be able to use the L'Occitane Cade, I would try that first. If it ends up that you can't use it you get it out of your den. Why store stuff that you can never use.

Top Bottom