What's new

My Guess... 3017

Good progress this week. I switched to my Chubby 2 synthetic on Monday, and promptly broke through the bottom of the PdP. The hole is getting steadily bigger, but there is still a lot of soap left.

Breaking through is a great sign of progress!

View attachment 1110403
Might have overestimated how many shaves the last centimeter of La Toja would provide...

Not by much. Still 1-2 shaves left there, for a total of approximately 70 shaves from a stick, right? Impressive! I am 11 shaves in. I learned that I can load much less soap with La Toja and still get a thick, dense lather. I am looking forward to exceeding my initial estimate of 35-40 shaves from it, but in my rotation that might take another 3-4 months.

Well that went fast. The tube of Trumpers Lime cream is officially finished.
I'm not quite prepared to commit to the next 3017 effort so I pulled out the trusty tub of MdC Agrumes to use until I make the final selection. I've had this tub a few years and its been my go-to soap between 3017 efforts. Its gets used for a couple weeks here and there. I still havent cleared the threads of the jar, so its got a long long way to go. I like this soap a lot, especially for my skin type in the warm humid summer months.

Cheers!

Im still undecided on the next 3017 victim. Hot humid temps have settled on the region so I pulled out a tube of Italian Palmolive cream for the kick of menthol. I find Italian Palmolive superior to Proraso Green in every way.

I suspect part of my struggle with selecting the next 3017 effort is due to only shaving every 3 or 4 days. Whichever soap I choose next will likely last the better part of a year. Thats an imposing commitment........

Im still undecided on the next 3017 victim. Hot humid temps have settled on the region so I pulled out a tube of Italian Palmolive cream for the kick of menthol. I find Italian Palmolive superior to Proraso Green in every way.

I suspect part of my struggle with selecting the next 3017 effort is due to only shaving every 3 or 4 days. Whichever soap I choose next will likely last the better part of a year. Thats an imposing commitment........
I also find Palmolive superior to Proraso in all ways, Euro and Italian. I haven't had the Italian in quite a while, might need to pick some up...

Not by much. Still 1-2 shaves left there, for a total of approximately 70 shaves from a stick, right? Impressive! I am 11 shaves in. I learned that I can load much less soap with La Toja and still get a thick, dense lather. I am looking forward to exceeding my initial estimate of 35-40 shaves from it, but in my rotation that might take another 3-4 months.
That’s right! Less than 3 cents a shave for a great soap. Don’t know when I’ll get back to it...

B&M Reserve Waves is done - 42 shaves from the tub so right at 6 weeks. The scent grew on me by the time it was done. I'd definitely buy this one again. I'll skip buying the after shave splash next time though. It worked fine but the scent wasn't quite as good as the soap. I sort of planned for Margaritas in the Arctic to be my next victim but now I'm thinking I'll put that one off maybe a few weeks until it gets really hot. Maybe I'll use up a travel tube of Bigelow (Proraso Green) first.

E98CDB9E-DF03-4615-94EB-59C797D30203.jpeg
Last shave tomorrow!
[This is an obsession!]

Just traded a puck of Marlborough to my uncle for 3 LaToja sticks, and a bunch of Nacet blades. With all the LaToja chatter on here lately, I’m looking forward to using it again. It’s been years. I’ll probably crack one open after finishing my Derby stick.

Its time to commit to the next 3017 project.

iColonialli mango soap is in the gate, first shave is tomorrow.

I've no idea how long this one will take and won't hazard a guess. I like the terracotta pot it came in. I dont believe its a triple milled soap but it is quite firm. The coloring is on the orange side, very similar color to the pot it came in. I tried one practice lather today just to get a feel for the soap and its scent. I was greatly impressed how little effort it took to generate a dense slick lather. I expect performance to be very good, and the scent is unusual, and just great. I love it! I cant describe scents so I wont even try. I'm sure their are plenty of threads in B&B that have it covered. I'm hopeful for an excellent 3017.

Cheers!

iCol2.JPG

iCol1.JPG

iCol3.JPG

Well gentleman, its time for me to leave your ranks. I've finished a few soaps since I've been here but have decided I want to alternate between two products. After all the talk about shave sticks (and not owning any) I opened up an Edwin Jagger soap and used that as a shave stick and boy was it good! I'm surprised not more people use this soap. Good slickness and residual slickness. The scents are a good strength and from past experience, they last forever for a small puck.
Good luck with all your endeavours and happy shaving.

D169C927-4690-444A-A033-23505299F2D0.jpeg
Actually the second shave with this cream. Used more product this time. Very nice cream. A sharp Sandalwood followed by citrus leading to a brighter woody scent, compared to the warmth of the Ribeira do Porto cream. Expecting 2+ months.

Top Bottom