What's new

My Guess... 3017

I have only one shave left in the tube of ABB Ribeira do Porto cream, but for a second shave before NYE I pulled out the next tube of Portuguese cream, Rio Sul. It produced a very good lather, but the scent is rather pedestrian. It is fresh and clean and unoffensive, but I can think of five budget soaps or creams with similar scents. One more shave with the ABB on New Year’s Day.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I pretty much have the first 4-6 months of 2020 figured out, as I try to get rid of my yucky stuff. Lower performing, bottom shelf, sub-par, lower tier ... however you want to look at it. :tongue_sm

Current: Modern Williams (since mid-Dec)
On Deck: Pitralon (GREAT aftershave, yucky soap)
Warming-up: Modern Williams

After that, I'm down to soaps that I like or love and I'll probably pick a nice one (like Arko!) to celebrate.

Happy New Year! Hoping for another great year of shaves and some purchasing restraint! I may have enough stuff to make it to 2030!

621F3251-3754-42E1-B99A-E65868B78111.jpeg

That’s it. Two and a half months of really great shaves. The last two products I have used have been very slick and protective: Haslinger and ABB Ribeira do Porto. On to Rio Sul cream tomorrow. I think I’m going to use creams at home and shave sticks on the road in 2020. Should be able to knock out 5 or 6 tubes...

Still working on my Matteo soap. Got it dialled in with my boars and badgers to deliver a nice slick cushiony lather that doesn't dry my skin anymore. Nice shaves.

20200101_225249.jpg

One more shave and I'm calling the sandalwood soap done. Still a tiny bit visible on top of the other soap, but the left over stuff it is mostly gone and I'm digging into the new soap instead. It was decent, but I'll use tallow instead of lard in shaving soap from now on out, it's a little slicker and loads better.

Sadly I have a couple year's worth of lard based soap to use up.

CRSW Winter 3017 is complete. About one month of shaves, all of them excellent.

CRSW Shapenmelk is on the clock.

Several shaves in with Shapenmelk and if I dont find the magic formula for getting a good lather this one will get binned. I've got a couple synthetic brushes on the way, should arrive next week. I'll give them a shot and see how it goes. Using the same razor / blade / brush combo I've used hundreds of times successfully and I just cant seem to coax decent glide and protection from these lathers. Its been a long time since I experienced so many nicks and weepers after a shave. Hell I've had more nicks over the past week than the past 20 years combined.

I often see Shapenmelk compared to Haslinger Schafmilch. The only similarity is that both have an image of a sheep on the label. They differ in virtually every other respect.

Well, I'll try some other brushes and see how it goes in the coming week. If something doesn't improve its onward and upward.

Cheers!

Several shaves in with Shapenmelk and if I dont find the magic formula for getting a good lather this one will get binned. I've got a couple synthetic brushes on the way, should arrive next week. I'll give them a shot and see how it goes. Using the same razor / blade / brush combo I've used hundreds of times successfully and I just cant seem to coax decent glide and protection from these lathers. Its been a long time since I experienced so many nicks and weepers after a shave. Hell I've had more nicks over the past week than the past 20 years combined.

I often see Shapenmelk compared to Haslinger Schafmilch. The only similarity is that both have an image of a sheep on the label. They differ in virtually every other respect.

Well, I'll try some other brushes and see how it goes in the coming week. If something doesn't improve its onward and upward.

Cheers!

Thanks for the update, just saved me the hassle of buying another soap when I already have too many. Way to take one for the team! :001_cool:

Checking in. Just finished tube of Cremo. Slick, protective, yields great results. Lasted 5+ months. I do not plan to replace any time soon though as I have a few other products I want to try.. For those interested in brushless, (mostly) non-lathering cream, Cremo is worth trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want the best performing lathering creme money can buy, simply mix equal parts of Cremo with Neutrogena for Sensitive Skin Shave Creme = Cremogena.

Top Bottom