What's new

My Guess... 3017

strop

Now half as wise
I realized that it's been a while since I updated my posts. I finished the grated stick of Tabac at the end of April, and started back on the puck of Cade. I've kept going and now have about 2 and a half months on it and am not even close to halfway done! This may last 6 months of almost daily shaves!

I went thru my stash looking for a puck of Vostok that I thought I had but alas, no luck. I like the menthol for the summer months. What I did come across was the half tub of Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream aftershave. It has a nice menthol feel and smell and almost the same consistency as the old Proraso Preshave that I used years ago. Turns out it works perfectly for that application. Can't say it improves the shave but doesn't hurt it and gives the nice menthol effect. Since this puck is old it doesn't have much scent, if any, left so doesn't interfere. Looking forward to a summer of cooling menthol shaves.

Broke through the bottom of the tub of grated Palmolive. Loading like I hate it and getting great shaves. Should be done in a couple of weeks.

Decided to take a family photo of all my soaps and creams. Sigh. I'm gonna be busy for a while.....
IMG_20190614_132658.jpg

Well, then you had best get on it right away, Laz! :001_tongu
I am, lol. Each and every day.
Nice! What is that white and red Palmolive you have there? I have only tried the green one. Liked the green tube, but since you have more of the white and red I have to ask. :)
That's the discontinued Palmolive Lather.
Used to be sold in stores in the US about 10 or 15 years ago. My all time favorite shaving cream. Found a few deals on an auction site. Don't be afraid to ask sellers for bulk deals.
Edit: the consistency of the red and white tube is a little more solid than the green tube Palmolive. Green tube is a bit more liquidly, if that makes sense.

I am, lol. Each and every day.

That's the discontinued Palmolive Lather.
Used to be sold in stores in the US about 10 or 15 years ago. My all time favorite shaving cream. Found a few deals on an auction site. Don't be afraid to ask sellers for bulk deals.
Edit: the consistency of the red and white tube is a little more solid than the green tube Palmolive. Green tube is a bit more liquidly, if that makes sense.
Thanks for the answer. I saw one of those on the auction site now for a hefty price. Seems like you have years left in that picture. The green Palmolive got used up extremely fast when I had that. Found out my wife liked it too and used it with the brushless method for the legs. She must have used a weeks worth every time she used it. Just have it in the shower or something, product placement style. So that can maybe be a suggestion if you live with someone that needs shiny legs and only if you want to reduce your stash that is.

Some soaps and creams I like to savor. I'm guessing you can tell Palmolive is one of those, lol. Others, I can't wait to be done with them. The current tube of Mugso I'm using has a week or less left, and I can't wait for it to be done.
Barrister and Mann, Reserve Spice and Leviathan in particular, were two I was sorry to be done with.
Same for the sample of LASS Blackfern. Wonderful scents, and great performance.

Finished off the Frankensoap. About halfway through tube of Macca Root SC and then I’ll have to go shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Working my way through an ice cream glass full of MDC original. I’ve been after it for 2 months, I bet I have 8 more months....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMG_20190615_134451.jpg
103 great shaves from Proraso white soap.
Moved on to Denim cream. I've used maybe half of it in the tube, but at some point the cap broke for no apparent reason.
I transferred the remaining cream to an empty tub of my better half's body cream, will post photo when that one's empty.

Currently working on a tub of Stirling Hot Apple Cider which was new. As at today, It's given me 23 shaves and i sense that i'll me seeing the bottom of the tub within a week. My calculations have me using about 4g per shave. Therefore i'm over half way now and should finish this in around 3 weeks.

This is the first stirling soap i've used continuously as the only other ones were glacial, which are so damn cold meaning my eyes water and i don't enjoy the shaves. This one though is a great winter soap and on these cold Australian winter mornings, it is nice to use. The performance is great as well. Very slick with lots of protection, easy to lather and face feels nice afterwards.

What isn't working, is that i keep buying more soaps than i use up. I must nip this in the bud...

I’m About to start killing off this tub of Asian Plum. last week I finished a tub of Summer Fig. I had a few random shave for a week and now I’m back to yawing up product. This is going to be a good one.

7AF08AE0-1B7D-48FA-88D5-B5B1F0E938FD.jpeg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I am loading my Shaving Yeti, Mamacita on the Rocks until it is a thick paste on the brush and adding very little water afterwards. This seems to be the only way I can get a pass-2 worth of lather.

Proraso Single Blade Azur Lime cream is done. I squeezed everything I could get out of the IV bag. A long stride above regular Proraso cream, to me this is one of the best creams on the market today. I loved it. It was my primary travel cream for several months and water hardness had no effect. I also used it brushless many times, also excellent.

Just a great cream. I will replace it someday. Hopefully by then Proraso will have the packaging sorted out. I'd love to see this in a 3 ounce travel size available in CONUS. PRORASO...ARE YOU LISTENING!?

Next up, Marlowe 141. DOnt know where this came from, I think SWMBO picked it up, I've actually used it a couple times already. Its strictly a brushless cream. I will say this, its the best brushless cream I've used. Its much better than KMF or Cremo. Post-shave is excellent. My face feels like I applied a high quality skin lotion after the shave and the effect lasts all day. My wife even comment on how my skin looks! Scent is very very light and gone immediately after the shave. I dont know if its even worth describing....sort of a light greenish woodsy sort of thing.

I may get bored with this being brushless...we'll see. Cheers gents!
Marlowe.JPG

The Proraso Single Blade cream line really is that good? Hmmmm, might have to look at that down the road.

I was very impressed. I rarely use creams, I tend to stick to triple milled tallow based soap so I'm use to dense creamy lather. If I used an almond and a half amount of PSB I was getting lathers that rivaled my tallow soaps.
Post shave wasnt as good as say Haslinger, but it was decent. Slickness was top notch! Its just that darn IV bag is a lot to commit to.

Some vendors offer samples of Proraso Single Blade. I would strongly recommend trying all three flavors and see what you think.

Top Bottom