What's new

My Guess... 3017

AoSt Lav is cruising along. One effortless lather after another. I’ve enjoyed this soap so much Im finding myself shaving more often.

Something about a high quality triple-milled soap, big old badger brush and my face that just seems to click.

Needless to say I’m enjoying this 3017 effort a great deal. Cheers!

I used my Semogue 1305 with the AOS tallow Sandalwood this morning. This brush has not been performing very well of late. Seems difficult to load enough soap for three passes. No problem with this puck, though! It is disappearing rapidly, though. I don't know what to go with next. I want to use a quick hitter next, but the only small soap I have is VDH.

I used my Semogue 1305 with the AOS tallow Sandalwood this morning. This brush has not been performing very well of late. Seems difficult to load enough soap for three passes. No problem with this puck, though! It is disappearing rapidly, though. I don't know what to go with next. I want to use a quick hitter next, but the only small soap I have is VDH.

I have a month or two left on the AoS. I’ll be in the heart of winter then and it will be coooold. Haslinger is my go to winter soap. Once AoS is done I think I’ll drop a puck of Haslinger in my ancient Old spice mug. That’ll get me through winter good and proper.

AoSt Lav is cruising along. One effortless lather after another. I’ve enjoyed this soap so much Im finding myself shaving more often.

Something about a high quality triple-milled soap, big old badger brush and my face that just seems to click.

Needless to say I’m enjoying this 3017 effort a great deal. Cheers!

Thanks for the reminder. I have been using a semogue 1250 a lot with my AoS and while it works great I broke out a badger last night and it took this to another level of awesome.

Thanks for the reminder. I have been using a semogue 1250 a lot with my AoS and while it works great I broke out a badger last night and it took this to another level of awesome.

Nothing wrong with boars, but for me it seems like a good badger lends itself well with triple milled tallow. I’m generalizing of course, but I seem to get denser lathers with some of my badgers when paired with hard soap.

Nothing wrong with boars, but for me it seems like a good badger lends itself well with triple milled tallow. I’m generalizing of course, but I seem to get denser lathers with some of my badgers when paired with hard soap.

I'm finding that the synthetics top them all when it comes to easily generating lather from triple milled soaps. I have been using the L'Occitane Plisson synth with TOBS Jermyn Street, and 10 seconds loading (and I could get away with less) easily gives me 2+ passes of great lather.

Been plugging away with PDP for a few weeks. It weighs about 100g in tin. This is one of the first soaps I purchased when I began this hobby 4 years ago. This is the only soap I have that is older than a couple years as I have been going through my old stock over the last year. I'm expecting this soap will take me to the new year, as I barely notice any wear over the last few weeks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I'm finding that the synthetics top them all when it comes to easily generating lather from triple milled soaps. I have been using the L'Occitane Plisson synth with TOBS Jermyn Street, and 10 seconds loading (and I could get away with less) easily gives me 2+ passes of great lather.
Yes, the new synthetics are amazing. Haslinger isnt triple milled but it is a hard puck and I’ve had outstanding results generating Haslinger lathers with some of the newer synthetic offerings. I’ll have to pull out one of the synthetics for the last half of AoSt and do a little comparison.

Such options! The internet has given the golden age of wet shaving a second life.

For kicks today, I loaded for 5 seconds and had plenty for 2 passes. Knowing that 10 seconds will give me 5 months from a triple milled puck.....I shudder to think that I could be shackled to one soap for almost a year. I’m not ready to enter @Jim territory yet.

I've been pounding away on my puck of Tabac for several months now, and last night thought the puck was discoloured. Upon further investigation I discovered that it was actually the bottom of the porcelain container. :001_302:

I've pushed the sides down to cover the bottom, but this soaps days are numbered. I do have some good news though. I have a second puck waiting to go in lol.

Awesome soap, equally awesome scent IMHO.

For kicks today, I loaded for 5 seconds and had plenty for 2 passes. Knowing that 10 seconds will give me 5 months from a triple milled puck.....I shudder to think that I could be shackled to one soap for almost a year. I’m not ready to enter @Jim territory yet.

I'm participating in the 2018 sabbatical and was lucky enough to win one of the monthly giveaways. Part of the gift I received was a 24mm synthetic brush from Captains Choice. I'm going to start using it with the AoSt and see how far I can stretch this wonderful soap. I've been loading fairly heavily with a 28mm badger and enjoying thick dense lathers, but it is quite wasteful of a soap no longer produced. I'm looking forward to seeing how much distance I can get from the rest of this 3017.

How long have you been using it? I have 215 shaves on a puck of C&E Sienna and there is still plenty left.

Started C&E Sienna on 8/25, so probably 80 shaves. Daily three passes with excessive loading. There is no doubt that it could have stretched it out towards 200 with little sacrifice in performance.

IMG_0053.JPG

Making progress on the Conk Amber at last, I can see a significant dent in the top. Using my home-made sandalwood shave stick instead for a few days on the road, but should finish the Conk some time in January I think. Probably 100 shaves or so.

Now if that badger brush would quit shedding....

Top Bottom