What's new

My Guess... 3017

Stepped out on the Cella bio for MDC Monday. This is the second use of this sample.
IMG_0574.jpeg

I've piddled around with 3017'ing samples enough. Time for a full size product. Next up is a razorock white container Freedberg soap. Aventus scented. I'm sure quite discontinued. I'll enjoy. My experience says this will be artisan tallow duration of 30-40 days. Vacuum sealing soaps really works. It still smells great. I'll report on performance once its done.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I definitely go nose blind, which can be a shame when it’s a soap like Penhaligon’s or Floris.
I never seem to go nose blind which was definitely a problem when I was 3017ing my Arko stick and I have to admit though I think Tabac is a good performer I am not over fond of its old woman's handbag scent so I wouldn't mind going nose blind for this one.

Mike M

Beware, in my experience soaps often last longer than you think they will
I've piddled around with 3017'ing samples enough. Time for a full size product. Next up is a razorock white container Freedberg soap. Aventus scented. I'm sure quite discontinued. I'll enjoy. My experience says this will be artisan tallow duration of 30-40 days. Vacuum sealing soaps really works. It still smells great. I'll report on performance once its done.

Beware, in my experience soaps often last longer than you think they will
Tell me about it! My last 3017 soap lasted 1775 shaves:eek2:. It was a full brick of Vitos Extra Super Coco that ended up lasting extra super longer than I was initially thinking. On the other hand i had just under five years of one great shave after another so I really shouldn't complain. :biggrin1:

So far this year after 104 shaves I have managed to wipe the lettering off the top of a puck of Tabac... just kidding it is being used faster than that at about 1/3 gram per shave.

Ruckin

Mike M

Tell me about it! My last 3017 soap lasted 1775 shaves:eek2:. It was a full brick of Vitos Extra Super Coco
Yeah, a full brick of Vitos is more of a 4017 than a 3017
On the other hand i had just under five years of one great shave after another so I really shouldn't complain.
I once saw someone get a shorter sentence than that for armed robbery

I never seem to go nose blind which was definitely a problem when I was 3017ing my Arko stick and I have to admit though I think Tabac is a good performer I am not over fond of its old woman's handbag scent so I wouldn't mind going nose blind for this one.

Two soaps I have never tried, Arko and Tabac. No plans to, either.

As the hole in the puck of Sartorial inexorably gets bigger, I find myself looking ahead to shaves after my 3017 effort. I still have a nice set of Unobtainium and stock ups I’ve done, but think that I will spend a good amount of time frolicking in the pool of outstanding shaving creams that are out there. The 3 T’s, Musgo, Proraso, DR Harris, Ach Brito…..easy lathering and in your face scents. Maybe even some soft soaps (no bricks!).

Mike M

Two soaps I have never tried, Arko and Tabac. No plans to, either.

As the hole in the puck of Sartorial inexorably gets bigger, I find myself looking ahead to shaves after my 3017 effort. I still have a nice set of Unobtainium and stock ups I’ve done, but think that I will spend a good amount of time frolicking in the pool of outstanding shaving creams that are out there. The 3 T’s, Musgo, Proraso, DR Harris, Ach Brito…..easy lathering and in your face scents. Maybe even some soft soaps (no bricks!).
No plans to conquer a brick of Vitos yourself then

If someone else doesn't try a brick of Vitos I will have the dubious distinction of holding the record for both fastest and slowest recorded continuous 3017 of a brick of Vitos. If I can do it I assume a normal person would be able to rip through a brick in something less than 1775 shaves. :a30:
The shaves are great... why share?:a11:

Mike M

If someone else doesn't try a brick of Vitos I will have the dubious distinction of holding the record for both fastest and slowest recorded continuous 3017 of a brick of Vitos. If I can do it I assume a normal person would be able to rip through a brick in something less than 1775 shaves. :a30:
The shaves are great... why share?:a11:
We really need to get @VerbaVolant onto this.

Top Bottom