What's new

My great grandfathers razor

I was given this the other day. Apparently it was my great grandfathers who was a barber. I cant find info on the makers marks. Any ideas?
20220201_134717.jpg
20220201_134736.jpg

I don't know for sure and someone will definitely chime in with the correct answer but I've seen a Boker with that tree.

That razor will clean up well.

Edit- Nice! Beat me too it. Was about to google for a similar photo.

I don't know for sure and someone will definitely chime in with the correct answer but I've seen a Boker with that tree.

That razor will clean up well.

Edit- Nice! Beat me too it. Was about to google for a similar photo.
Its in amazing condition and still a nice edge on it. Its been sitting in a pouch in storage for at least 60+ years.

Its in amazing condition and still a nice edge on it. Its been sitting in a pouch in storage for at least 60+ years.
Haha that's so cool. They really do stand the test of time (other than the ones that you know, rust into dust). That's awesome that it was able to stay in the family for so long.

And welcome to B&B!

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Welcome to B&B. Stick around and learn how to hone and shave with that beauty. It's crazy shaving with something over 100 years old. It's even crazier when it's your ancestors! Beautiful piece.

Amen. I have my great grandfather's straight. I met him once. I believe he was born in 1883.
My great-grandfather was born in 1903. Pretty sure my dad still has his razor somewhere. Luckily got to know him pretty well (he darn near made it to 100!), and used a straight his entire life.

Watching home movies of his side of the family from the 1950s-1960s always cracked me up because he looked exactly the same from when I knew him through the 90s into the early 2000s. It's like he was stuck in a time warp.

Yup, very cool, an old Boker. Hose it down with WD40, clean between the scales with a wooden coffee stir stick wrapped in a paper towel. Dry it off well and seal in Ren Wax, leave all the patina on the blade, (does not appear to have any active rust) put it in a nice shadow box in a place of prominence in your shop, to remember who’s shoulders you stand .

Enjoy.

I have two vintage Boker's of this time period. The 1056 Boker & Co which I found in a couple of catalogs from 1906 & 1909. The 3071 Boker & Co looks to be from the 1924-1935 period. Tree Brand may be written on the box but not the blade.
Yours looks to be of the earlier period (1900-1924) but is odd not to have the name just the logo.

Attachments

• IMG_3525 (2).JPG
    IMG_3525 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • Boker 1056- 1906.jpeg
    Boker 1056- 1906.jpeg
    336.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    982.6 KB · Views: 25
60D9973F-4AC6-4904-A377-6C754BF984FB.jpeg

My Great Great Grandfather’s Torrey straight razor. He was born in 1893 and I’ll celebrate his 129th birthday on February 14th with a shave with his razor!

Congratulations on the heirloom, I hope it brings you many years of joy and that you can pass it down to someone in your family.

Top Bottom