What's new

My Grande Journey

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Betting there’s a lot of Mach 3 and Fusion Excalibur going on offline. I know I used to get a few months off of a Fusion or Dorco 6 cartridge.

Have you recovered from the arm badness?

Months is an accurate time frame yeah, surprising.

Not 100%, also surprising. I read that soft tissue injuries with nerve involvement can take 3-6 months to fully heal. I'm at the 5 month mark. My strength is at about 90%, range of motion is fine but the muscles, especially in my forearm and hand, get tired quickly. Good news is, they also recover quickly so somethings going right anyway.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Keep up the good work. The key to reducing risk of re-injury is to repeat “I’m not 25 anymore” until you’re too depressed to do the thing that would re-hurt you.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I dont have any problems asking for help, if someones standing around watching. In the last two years there have been no bystanders so I'm the one that gets hurt haha.

thombrogan

I’m a dog in a machine and I’ll be the best little cog I can be until my wee babby has her masters degree

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@Esox , any improvement on the arm and related appendagery?

Thanks for asking Thom. My arm still isnt 100% and when I work too hard it tires quickly. Slow gains, but positive gains. Soft tissue injuries take time to heal, or so I'm told lol.

I'm still using the Mach 3 disposables though! I have discovered I can shave directly ATG on my second pass with it, buffing the same as I always have, and finishing with a very near complete BBS shave. It really struggles over my swirls though, no surprise there.

thombrogan

I’ve seen some folks supplement their shaves with a Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow razor. Maybe you can use your Bullet Tip or Fatip for just the swirls?

Glad to read you’re still moving in a forward direction with healing.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I keep eyeing the MMOC, or it eye's me not sure but, I'm less concerned with a total BBS finish now than I was. I know I can do it if need be. My shaving goals were accomplished, even surpassed, and now I've lost that drive but it may return. I do still, and likely always will, use nice soaps/creams and my little Maggard synthetic brush is still holding its own, easily.

I keep eyeing the MMOC, or it eye's me not sure but, I'm less concerned with a total BBS finish now than I was. I know I can do it if need be. My shaving goals were accomplished, even surpassed, and now I've lost that drive but it may return. I do still, and likely always will, use nice soaps/creams and my little Maggard synthetic brush is still holding its own, easily.
Sadly I took thirteen months off from any type of reasonably close or proper shaves. Bigger loss being my B&B absence. Rheumatoid & Osteoarthritis crippling me for that time. Debilitating diseases will continue to do just that. luckily for me I had enough Go left in the bag to get back to B&B this year. Mike I am sorry to hear of your painful struggles with your injury. I know how much you miss your shaves, so important to us. I hope your recovery picks up a gear. Mike I thoroughly enjoyed your guidance when starting out. You are my first mentor with the blade. Get Well Soon.

Top Bottom