What's new

My Goal

I definitely have Shaving ADD. :letterk1:
It seems your case is very advanced...perhaps incurable.

doc-news-1.png

:laugh:

I am able and I have completely standardized my shaving routine. The rest of my razors are just collecting dust in case my children would want to try more razors later when they are old enough to need frequent shaving.

My simple standardized shaving routine is as this:
- iKon X3 paired with a lightweight handle from a Saiver razor
- Sputnik blades
- Speick shaving cream
- Omega boar brush.

A couple of time during a whole year at most I deviate from this routine and then I realized that I had nothing to win by deviating.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
I've used the same type of razor (Fatboy) since I started shaving, with the exception of The Dark Years (Mach 3 carts, shaving in the shower.) I've only had two Fatboys over the years, and I don't think I'll ever buy another type of razor. That way madness lies: it's a rabbit-hole down which I don't want to fall. I look at my mountain of soaps and creams, and I feel lucky that soaps, etc., are the only area in which I have gone wild. But I am now very contented with the one razor, a vintage butterscotch Floris brush, the same shaving bowl, GSB blades, MdC soaps, 4711 cologne as an AS splash. And my art deco froggy blade bank.
Eerily similar...same Feather AS-D2 every day with MdC and 4711 cologne. A great combination of soap and splash.

M

member 119848

I wish you luck!
I failed 🙂 At one point I attained my goal with one razor, one brush, one soap, and one aftershave. (there is a brotherhood for those willing to attain minimalism)
And RAD kicked in again so I had to acquire some of my gear back.
Just one advice: don´t sell or pif all of your gear too fast. Put it aside, and experience your simple setup for some time.

By the way, the Tech is also on my radar. So my RAD isn´t cured yet. ;)

I've used the same type of razor (Fatboy) since I started shaving, with the exception of The Dark Years (Mach 3 carts, shaving in the shower.) I've only had two Fatboys over the years, and I don't think I'll ever buy another type of razor. That way madness lies: it's a rabbit-hole down which I don't want to fall. I look at my mountain of soaps and creams, and I feel lucky that soaps, etc., are the only area in which I have gone wild. But I am now very contented with the one razor, a vintage butterscotch Floris brush, the same shaving bowl, GSB blades, MdC soaps, 4711 cologne as an AS splash. And my art deco froggy blade bank.

Love that froggy blade bank! That one has stuck in my memory since seeing it in a thread awhile ago!

Top Bottom