What's new

My GF Wants an Injector.

She wants one badly as she likes BICs but wants something better-built and longer-lasting.

II.

Can Injectors be bought new-new, not NOS, today? I knew there was that Campus Wide model put out a while ago, but I believe it's been discontinued(?).

So 1.) what's a good Injector to buy, preferably new-new, if such a thing exists?

And 2.) short of pharmacies, supermarkets and hypermarkets, where can new-new injector blades be bought - if such things exist? If they don't exist, what's the next best option?

III.

If there are no new-new versions, please PM me if you have any materials you're desirous to sell or trade :biggrin:

Last edited:
Kaveh --

The Injector razors are out of production, so NOS and/or used from eBay or B&B B/S/T forum is your only option. Note that NOS injectors can be quite pricey.

There was a Lady Schick model produced in the late '50s/early '60s. You can post a 'Want To Buy' in the B/S/T forum and see if a B&B member will sell one to you.

The Campus Wide injector suffered from poor quality control and their manufacturing results were inconsistent. With such poor and unpredictable outcome, the wet shaving community rejected the product and I recommend you avoid this model of injector.

Other than 'drug store' blades, Ted Pella offers injector blades in injectors of 20 blades that are pretty good and well accepted here. Shipping costs and minimum order requirements may put you off, though.

HTH.

-- John Gehman

I have a set like this one
proxy.php
, but it is not new.

From Thirdeye's Guidelines to Razor-Rating:

1. Mint: Looks to be in the original new condition, never used, no damage to plating, no signs of wear like dullness of plating or scratches/dents etc. There must also be no signs of usage like soap scum on the razor. This segment of razors must also include the other extras such as cases, blade packs still wrapped, outer shippers, instructions unopened etc.

Please Note: "Looks to be in the original new condition" - There are razors that might have been unused or used just once or twice by the original owner and never used again and hence show no signs of wear. There might be a slight signs of usage like soap scum that comes off in a slight cleaning (with soap and water, no polishing or restoration). This is not Mint.

2. Near Mint: Very slight wear and cannot be classified as above, all plating intact. Restored pieces can be represented under this classification. Near mint allows for one or two minor cosmetic flaws, e.g., a hardly noticeable, superficial scuff, a watermark, a minor spot where the original shine is slightly rubbed off, a watermark. Cannot be considered near-mint if any mechanical imperfection, oxidation, and loss of plating. Razor could have been used.
I tend to think that this 1960s Lady Eversharp K2 is mint, but I cannot verify that it is so -- but I see no signs of wear or use. You be the judge.

$30, including S/H via USPS Priority Mail

proxy.php

proxy.php

The title of this thread sounds naughty.

As for blades, Ted Pella sells them here (two thirds of the page down) $4.60 for each stainless pack of 20. The carbon blades just bellow that don't seem to come in an injector pack + those are sold in bulk.

Tell'er "I'm your injector baby!" :lol:

Top Bottom