What's new

My futur attacked me!

Just got my new futur today and was adjusting the settings when it slipped and sliced the crap out of my thumb! This razor is no joke! I lost a couple ounces of blood! I can't wait to try this beast out. Unfortunately I shaved about an hr prior to receiving it so I'm going to have to wait till tomorrow. Luckily I didn't cut the thumb on my shaving hand!

Lots of people have been bitten by their Futurs the same way. I haven't, but only because I had read all the threads about people getting cut by it before I got mine. Put a towel over the head of the razor if you're going to adjust it with a blade loaded. You'll love the way it shaves. It's a great razor but very different from a traditional DE. When you use it you'll know what I mean.

I did the same thing the first time I used mine! Got over it though and find it to be an adequate razor- not as good as my Progress nor as good as a few vintage razors I have but still adequate.

Ah... You did not read my Futur tips and hints post did you?

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/266069?p=3690449#post3690449

That is how I got my first Futur. I call it the "drive by shooting model" It was left in a puddle of blood when the original owner was off at the emergency room getting stitches on most of their fingers.

The blood pitting is a strong reminder for me to "pay attention"

proxy.php

I got back into wet shaving in 2000. I started out with a Futur.
Since then, I have spent a lot of time and money to find out that nothing, not even a straight, shaves any better than a Futur.
Soe razors are more graceful, or more nostalgic.
Some shave just as good. None that I have tried , during 12 years of various AD's, actually shave any better.
As for adjusting, you can cover the head with a towel, as said above, or just place the one of the shaving edges of the head firmly against the counter top.
My advice would be to adjust it to your liking, and then forget that it is adjustable.
Mine has been on 3 since 2006.
Have fun, be careful and enjoy your shaves.
Mike

That's just awesome. I must be sick or something to think that but it is what it is...
Ah... You did not read my Futur tips and hints post did you?

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/266069?p=3690449#post3690449

That is how I got my first Futur. I call it the "drive by shooting model" It was left in a puddle of blood when the original owner was off at the emergency room getting stitches on most of their fingers.

The blood pitting is a strong reminder for me to "pay attention"

proxy.php

That's just awesome. I must be sick or something to think that but it is what it is...

that is a very heavily blood pitted Futur with less than 40% of the finish remaining on it. Works great and I am traveling with it now.

The original owner was on the first blade with it when he cut himself.

Needless to say I got a real good deal on it when he said "Get this F^#$!%& thing away from me, you can have it, I never want to see it again" :smile:

He went back to using his electric razor and is probably still using it.

That's an awesome story. The Futur is my favorite modern adjustable.

that is a very heavily blood pitted Futur with less than 40% of the finish remaining on it. Works great and I am traveling with it now.

Needless to say I got a real good deal on it when he said "Get this F^#$!%& thing away from me, you can have it, I never want to see it again" :smile:

hahaha wow, the only thing that i have comparable is dropping my straight on my index finger by accident! slipped out of my hand a good three inches and hit me good, thank god i didnt need stitches on that one i instantly wrapped it up, cut the circulation off, and got a good glue shut :)

When I first got my Futur the head was terribly difficult to adjust and I just always placed the head on the counter, made the adjustment and moved on. I have noticed now though that the adjustment is smooth and fairly easy and I just hold the head with my left thumb and finger and twist the shaft with my right and no issues.

Top Bottom