What's new

My Fourth (and FINAL!) Matching Seven-Day Set (M7DS)

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Delivered this morning via FedEx from Hong Kong, 7 x Titan 1918 ACRO T.H.64 SR's for my FINAL M7DS. About USD 525 for the lot, including shipping.

IMG_20200825_112943.jpg
Four had well set bevels and three will require some light work to get them there. After that, the edges on all will need to be refined to my shave-ready standard. But first I will design their timber case.

I'm not sure if I'll use this set. I may keep it just for the aesthetics. These SR's have been reviewed here:

After this set I might take up knitting.

Last edited:
Knitting’s good, my dad did a lot of it. Seems very mindful, very zen, like SR shaving. Plus, you can set your knitting to one side for weeks without getting scruffy.

If you keep posting on M7DS, you may convince me to move beyond Saturday on my Wacker M7DS. The other days are still in factory grease. But not if you keep a prime M7DS just to caress and admire! I’m doing that with the Wackers already.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Aren't these your 'nicest' set of 7 day razors? Why wouldn't you use them and retire one of the other sets?
Mainly because I am concerned about wearing out the gold embellishment on the face. I have never before had an SR with that.

Nice job! I’m a bit jealous of how quickly your sets, engraving and boxes came together.

I have a request, can you share with us a picture of all 4 of different examples of each titan blade you have in a set. I find trying to see them on the vendors site not as useful as user pics. Thx!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Nice job! I’m a bit jealous of how quickly your sets, engraving and boxes came together.

I have a request, can you share with us a picture of all 4 of different examples of each titan blade you have in a set. I find trying to see them on the vendors site not as useful as user pics. Thx!
The razors in my first set are Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 (can be found here:https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32900...=a2g0n.store_home.smartJustForYou_950107710.0) and was reviewed here:

My second set are Titan ACRO T.H. 70 (can be found here: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/17156...er_id=3c97e10e18c744c1a3dd37d2852da68f&is_c=Y) and was reviewed here:

My third set are Titan VG10-HZ T.H.63 (can be found here: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/89205...er_id=3c97e10e18c744c1a3dd37d2852da68f&is_c=Y) and were reviewed here:

My fourth and FINAL set are Titan ACRO T.H.64 (can be found here: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/14981...er_id=3c97e10e18c744c1a3dd37d2852da68f&is_c=Y) and were reviewed here:

Last edited:
Last one???? I don’t believe you!

Though I guess all good things come to an end...I don’t purchase Personna 74 or Light Brigade DE blades anymore.

Vr

Matt

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Thanks, i hope you dont mind that i put a quick reference pic together.

View attachment 1144987
You got them all correct. They cover the three different steels that they use plus the ACRO T.H.64 which is softer but the same steel used in the ACRO T.H.70.

The blades marked with T.H.## have been hardness tested and the ## represents their minimum RHC number. Their blades without the T.H.## did not meet their minimum requirement for RHC are are cheaper.

Last edited:
I've my doubts about the "FINAL" 😁😂🤣

And so... I think, now that you've practiced for quite some time and got your honing skills polished, you will want to start building a truly artistic 7DSs, say you want to do a Koraat model 14.2.0. 7DS - they offer scales in 15 different colors, so you can easily pick the ones you like. And those Fili-like blades are amazing.

Then, you might want to do a 7DS of Brian Brown gigantic 11/8s.

Not that anything would be wrong with good ole Dovo Bismarck 7DS or TI Spartacus... or if you want a more budget friendly say Boker King Cutter...

A nice Ralf Aust 7DS would also be a great one.

So, when you say "final" I take it is a final practice, El Cheapo razor 7DS, not the "final final".

Will be following this thread closely 😊

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
His razors look great and he loves their 0.1μ diamond-finished edges (to the point of leaving off a pass to shave again sooner on purpose), his dog loves him, and his girlfriends have yet to girl him surprise dentistry. I strongly suspect Titan razors treat him right.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I've my doubts about the "FINAL" 😁😂🤣

And so... I think, now that you've practiced for quite some time and got your honing skills polished, you will want to start building a truly artistic 7DSs, say you want to do a Koraat model 14.2.0. 7DS - they offer scales in 15 different colors, so you can easily pick the ones you like. And those Fili-like blades are amazing.

Then, you might want to do a 7DS of Brian Brown gigantic 11/8s.

Not that anything would be wrong with good ole Dovo Bismarck 7DS or TI Spartacus... or if you want a more budget friendly say Boker King Cutter...

A nice Ralf Aust 7DS would also be a great one.

So, when you say "final" I take it is a final practice, El Cheapo razor 7DS, not the "final final".

Will be following this thread closely 😊
Well, it will definitely be my final Titan SR M7DS.

I am rather partial to SR's with timber scales - I'm an old timber type of man. That limits me in some ways to what I desire in SR's.

Well, it will definitely be my final Titan SR M7DS.

I am rather partial to SR's with timber scales - I'm an old timber type of man. That limits me in some ways to what I desire in SR's.
Now we're talking.

Ebony is some damn fine timber ya know 😁 But then, once you get an ebony scales 7DS, somehow it calls for ivory... just like Paul said... and so it makes for a perfect day-&-night 7DS of 14 blades, right? Or is it night and day... damn...

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Now we're talking.

Ebony is some damn fine timber ya know 😁 But then, once you get an ebony scales 7DS, somehow it calls for ivory... just like Paul said... and so it makes for a perfect day-&-night 7DS of 14 blades, right? Or is it night and day... damn...
My M7DS of ACRO T.H.70 SR's have Ebony scales. Ivory is basically impossible to get with new blades now. Perhaps something with white Silver Ash scales could interest me.

Top Bottom