What's new

My first working vintage pen! - 1935 Parker Duofold Junior

Thanks for the further info. I am such a vintage pen noob that I simply wrote ”600’s” because I did not know the differences between the various series :blush:

Generally I like smaller pens (my new Duofold a great example) so I really think I am in the same boat as you in terms of preferred length of the pen. What length are the 3 pens on the left in your first pic that are smaller than the other?

I like wet writers, so maybe that also would lead to a recommendation?

Thanks again!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
If it is the all Flat Top pictures, the two left most pens are Parker Duofold Juniors and then two Sheaffer Junior 5-30s. They are about the same size as the Pelikan 400-200 pens; between 4-5" long capped.

There are lots of choices out there in similar lengths such as the Parker Vacumatics, Striped Duofolds, 51 and 75s; the Conway Stewarts Dandys and 58s; MB 234½s and early celluloid 146s and 144s, the vintage Aurora 88 & 98 series...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Some Sheaffers in that general size:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Actually all of the larger Pelikans have also gone on to forever homes. I still have some larger pens but I seemed to carry and use smaller pens far more often. The original 600, 400, 200 size I find near perfect. Similarly in Montblancs I use my 234½s and my vintage 144s and 146s while all the modern 149s and 146s too have gone to forever homes. In my Danitrios I like the Takumi size and down and in Sailor the standard size 1911 over the large size.

In older more experienced pens I find I tend to use my Parker Junior Duofolds and Sheaffer 5-30s more often than the Parker Senior and Sheaffer Full size.

proxy.php
Ah yes, I remember you preferred the smallest when you did that Japanese six pen shootout a couple of years ago.

Lovely collection of flat tops too, there is something about the taper on the Duofold button blind cap that I find pleasing to look at.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Ah yes, I remember you preferred the smallest when you did that Japanese six pen shootout a couple of years ago.

Lovely collection of flat tops too, there is something about the taper on the Duofold button blind cap that I find pleasing to look at.
There are so many totally different Parker Duofolds that using the term without pictures is pretty much meaningless.

Top Bottom