What's new

My First Wade and Butcher

I'm new to straights, so please bear with me as I post a new (well, new to me:001_smile) and freshly restored by Doc226 Wade and Butcher. It is horn scales and one side has some sweet looking white streaks in it. I'll be shaving with it tonight. Here are some before and after pics
$IMG_20150523_152451.jpg$IMG_20150523_152435.jpg$P1015661.jpg$P1015664.jpg

Verry cool.
I've been trying to find one of these in good condition, since I switched to straights. (The Celebrated 9/8ths, For Barber Use, barbers notch, hollow ground)

Doc did an outstanding job! And his honing was so good I easily had my smoothest shave ever. This blade was so smooth I whistled after my first pass. I am far from a seasoned straight razor shaver but I have shaved enough with a few to tell the difference and this razor has a great edge on it.
I just had to follow up and post this after my shave because of how impressed I am.
Thanks for the high quality restoration on this razor Doc!

There is nothing like the feel of a properly honed edge gliding across your skin. You are starting out at the high end of the register with that W&B beauty. Congratulations.

Fantastic! I'd be proud to own that beautiful piece of steel. I bet you'll love that blade for the rest of your life.

I'm very happy with this razor. Most definitely I will be holding on to this and passing it on to my son. I bought this from an older gentleman that said his grandfather gave it to him. He tried to use it a couple times and ended up all bloody. So he put it away and never looked at it for years. So he finally got around to getting rid of stuff and so now I have it.

Once you get used to snobbish edges and Doc's restoration skills you get addicted. You have been advised!

That said.....superb shaving beast .

Awesome! Those fat Sheffields are really just an outstanding piece of history. Putting one next to a "Fusion" blade is a sad reminder of how much our desire for quality, well-made, and lasting products has just been decimated over the years. Somehow, we get convinced that a product is "improved" when in reality it's just the profit margin that has.

Top Bottom