What's new

My first vintage razor ..... And it's my birth year !

lasta

Blade Biter
Aren't the Canada made Gillette's more aggressive than the USA made ones?
From what I've read, in terms aggressiveness:
1. England
2. Canada
3. USA
Or is this just subjective?
I've only read this and wouldn't really know since all my Gillette's are USA made.
That's why I'm asking!
It does seem that way! Overwhelming consensus and all...

I only have the post-war US and Canadian, I would rate US and UK roughly equal, Canadian a bit milder.

I'll try the heavy stainless RazoRock handle on the Canadian tomorrow to see if my opinions change.

Disclaimer: I don't trust my own observations, so take them with salt haha.

Okay, no need to get worked up.

After all, if you take apart a Super Speed, you'll see remnants of a Tech baseplate. If you have one, no need the other!

Though, I am curious. If you take apart an English Red Tip, will you find an English Flat Bottom?

Is a service issue EFBT smoother and milder than the commercial EFBT?

My Canadian Tech is milder than my US/UK variants. Is it because it's made different? Or because I used a lighter handle?
Oh dear, that is what a rabbit warren looks like :)

Congrats on your new razor! It's a beauty! I managed to get a Gillette Tech in my birth year of 1962. :thumbsup:
IMG-20220923-070414.jpg

IMG-20220923-070536.jpg

It gets used the most out of all my razors.

lasta

Blade Biter
Aren't the Canada made Gillette's more aggressive than the USA made ones?
From what I've read, in terms aggressiveness:
1. England
2. Canada
3. USA
Or is this just subjective?
I've only read this and wouldn't really know since all my Gillette's are USA made.
That's why I'm asking!
Tried it with the 73g RR handle. N-S did seem to catch the angle a little easier, but still milder than my other 2.

S-N, no difference really.

Gentlemen, ..... she has arrived. Ordered Friday evening, and just delivered today !
Phoenix Arizona to upstate New York. Wow ! That was pretty fast shipping !
And DJ at Razor Emporium included a large variety of soap samples too. Very nice indeed.
Looking forward to my first shave with her this evening, with a Gillette Nacet (my favorite blade.)
I will report back after four or five shaves and let you know how it goes. But, for now, she is a beauty !

View attachment 1513577View attachment 1513578View attachment 1513579View attachment 1513580View attachment 1513582
She sure is a beauty! Wait til you dance with her!
Enjoy, sir!

Hello Gents .....

Just simply want to share my excitement with you. I just ordered my very first "vintage razor," a 1955 Gillette Super Speed Red Tip.
My current rotation consists of only "new razors" --- Timeless Bronze, Timeless Aluminum, Rockwell 6C (plate 4), RazoRock Lupo .72,
and RazoRock SS Hawk. Since I was born in 1955, and have been thinking about a birth year Super Speed for quite a while now, here
was an offer from Razor Emporium that I didn't want to pass up. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 Item​

• 1955 Gillette Heavy Red Tip A2 Super Speed Razor | Nickel Revamp

1 x 1955 Gillette Heavy Red Tip A2 Super Speed Razor | Nickel Revamp​

$100.00
Subtotal$100.00
15.00% off each item-$15.00
ShippingFree
AZ State Tax$0.00
Total (USD)$85.00

So, I feel really good about this, and ya' know what ? ..... I deserve to be good to myself (and my wife agrees 100 %).
I'll post some pix and initial impressions after I receive it and have a few shaves. Happy Shaving Gents !
Congrats! I have seen praises for the red tip a few times here in the last few days. My only question is: Do I have one?

Going to root through my collection now.

Top Bottom