What's new

My first vintage razor ..... And it's my birth year !

Hello Gents .....

Just simply want to share my excitement with you. I just ordered my very first "vintage razor," a 1955 Gillette Super Speed Red Tip.
My current rotation consists of only "new razors" --- Timeless Bronze, Timeless Aluminum, Rockwell 6C (plate 4), RazoRock Lupo .72,
and RazoRock SS Hawk. Since I was born in 1955, and have been thinking about a birth year Super Speed for quite a while now, here
was an offer from Razor Emporium that I didn't want to pass up. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 Item​

• 1955 Gillette Heavy Red Tip A2 Super Speed Razor | Nickel Revamp

1 x 1955 Gillette Heavy Red Tip A2 Super Speed Razor | Nickel Revamp​

$100.00
Subtotal$100.00
15.00% off each item-$15.00
ShippingFree
AZ State Tax$0.00
Total (USD)$85.00

So, I feel really good about this, and ya' know what ? ..... I deserve to be good to myself (and my wife agrees 100 %).
I'll post some pix and initial impressions after I receive it and have a few shaves. Happy Shaving Gents !

Hello Gents .....

Just simply want to share my excitement with you. I just ordered my very first "vintage razor," a 1955 Gillette Super Speed Red Tip.
My current rotation consists of only "new razors" --- Timeless Bronze, Timeless Aluminum, Rockwell 6C (plate 4), RazoRock Lupo .72,
and RazoRock SS Hawk. Since I was born in 1955, and have been thinking about a birth year Super Speed for quite a while now, here
was an offer from Razor Emporium that I didn't want to pass up. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 Item​

$100.00
Subtotal$100.00
ShippingFree
AZ State Tax$0.00
Total (USD)$85.00

So, I feel really good about this, and ya' know what ? ..... I deserve to be good to myself (and my wife agrees 100 %).
I'll post some pix and initial impressions after I receive it and have a few shaves. Happy Shaving Gents !
I like the idea of what these guys do with the refurb'd/revamped razors. Hope you'll report back to the class and give us your impressions of how good a job they do. I'm full up on vintage Gillette razors but I do look at their site more often than I should!

Rhodium is cool but I think I would have it Gold plated. It looks incredible (to me):

View attachment 1511947
Those guys claim their gold is better than on Vintage Gillettes but either I got lucky or Gillette's gold is better than the Razor Emporium guy claims. I've got a 48-50 Aristocrat that's almost too nice to shave with. Same with a no date ball end Tech. In any event, gold razors are very cool looking. That would be a stunner in gold!

Hello Gents .....

1 Item​

$100.00
Subtotal$100.00
ShippingFree
AZ State Tax$0.00
Total (USD)$85.00

CONGRATULATIONS!! :a29::a29:

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Hello Gents .....

1 Item​

$100.00
Subtotal$100.00
ShippingFree
AZ State Tax$0.00
Total (USD)$85.00

Congratulations! My Red Tip birth quarter is an A4 and a great razor.

~doug~

Gentlemen, ..... she has arrived. Ordered Friday evening, and just delivered today !
Phoenix Arizona to upstate New York. Wow ! That was pretty fast shipping !
And DJ at Razor Emporium included a large variety of soap samples too. Very nice indeed.
Looking forward to my first shave with her this evening, with a Gillette Nacet (my favorite blade.)
I will report back after four or five shaves and let you know how it goes. But, for now, she is a beauty !

373618A8-0750-4E7F-A8EA-187CFC503ABC.jpeg
8E022B56-E4B2-4433-A015-58EECFA1937F.jpeg
758C682C-7AF0-41B6-B62D-EB961F919C27.jpeg
857022EC-3F6E-4FF2-AC5D-B7ECE38BD735.jpeg
15724CCE-46E5-4194-BA5B-B3DAA25CC593.jpeg

Top Bottom