What's new

My first Swiss watch

Great classy watch. Works well casual or dressy.

I just got a Hamilton that works both ways as well....

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The watch arrived today! Really nice workmanship and quality! Really happy with the way it looks and feels. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions- want to make sure I’m making good decisions.

proxy.php

And...well...this one somehow made its way to my mailbox too. Is there and addiction disorder for watches? WAD? I think I am coming down with it lol!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say watch addiction.....I say WAD...

2BEBEDBC-EA4D-4FBC-A050-5CA885D352C0.jpeg

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I’m late to the party but ...

I plan to make this my every day watch. Should be here this week.

Would this watch be dressy enough for more formal attire? If not do you have suggestions for an affordable luxury?

IMHO a good choice for everyday wear. I personally prefer nonmetallic straps but that’s just me.

If by “formal” you mean “tuxedo or better”, then the best advice is to not wear a watch at all. If you mean a business suit, a leather strap is more appropriate but you are still “okay”.

02 - I don’t believe any mens watch on a bracelet (even if solid gold) makes for a good dress watch. A simple watch on a leather, or preferably alligator strap makes the most elegant and sophisticated impression.

Agree ... but gator too flashy to my eye.

Depends, in part, on what one means by formal or dress. Is it dressy enough to wear in a business setting with a suit and tie? I would certainly think so. Is it dressy enough to wear with black tie to a charity ball? Traditionally a gentleman does not wear or carry a watch to such a function.

Yes.

The watch arrived today! Really nice workmanship and quality! Really happy with the way it looks and feels. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions- want to make sure I’m making good decisions.

Glad to hear you are happy!

And...well...this one somehow made its way to my mailbox too. Is there and addiction disorder for watches? WAD? I think I am coming down with it lol!

Yes, WAD. And that seems a much better “with a suit” option.

Wow, what a difference a few months makes. In May I say I like the feel of leather straps much better than metal bracelets, yet for the past couple of months I have been wearing metal nearly exclusively.

I still like gator even on less expensive watches. On the watches Joel was talking about, gator is not going to look out of place.

Top Bottom