What's new

My first straight shave

Thanks so much for your great encouragement again, Randy. That's exactly what I need from a fellow str8 user. Actually, I enjoy all my shaves, whether it's with a DE or even a M3P. But this is the ultimate in shaving, and I'm going to make sure I enjoy it to the fullest. All of this coming week I'm going to shave with my new str8. I'm closed for the holidays, so am I ever going to have fun!

Best wishes again,

Jeff

I have to agree with Joe Lerch on this one.

YOU MUST HAVE AND USE A STROP!!!!! Don't even bother shaving with a Str8 unless you first strop it. The number of laps that he mentons is also on the money. In addition I agree with him that you need to use more pressure with a straight than you do with a DE. You cannot expect a Str8 to feel like a DE. They are different animals. Frankly, People need to adjust their expectations.

I might suggest that in stead of going from N-S directly to a S-N pass that you first go across the grain. The S-N ( against the grain) pass is the last to use and then only if you need it. It is a very demanding movement for any of the blades and hard on your skin.

I really should say that although I know how to hone a razor rather well my shaving skills are not anywhere near that good. Its just that you really must use a strop on a Str8.

My two cents,:smile:

randydance062449 said:
I really should say that although I know how to hone a razor rather well my shaving skills are not anywhere near that good. Its just that you really must use a strop on a Str8.

My two cents,:smile:
This is a huge understatement gents. Randy is a true honemeister! If you want to experience one of the keenest edges available, contact Randy and ask him about his honing services.

Top Bottom