What's new

My first Sperry Top-siders.

Needed some new summer shoes, the wife and I like the look of these so we'll see how they work out. Found a deal, $70 which I didnt think was too bad. Whaddya think??

Attachments

• $10281600_1_1200x735_942060a4-6c4b-44a9-bfdd-844779b00e20_1024x1024.jpg
    $10281600_1_1200x735_942060a4-6c4b-44a9-bfdd-844779b00e20_1024x1024.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 417
Hey Jason, $70 isn't too bad at all! If you're in 'Murica you can get other good deals on Zappos.
Either way, I've traveled the world with Sperry's. From Australia to Columbia. Excellent shoes.

Thanks guys. My last summer shoes were crocks with cloth tops. They lasted a year...hoping these will hold up a little better!

70 bucks is about five bucks lower than I've seen them go for around me. They will last you years, even if you actually get salt water on them. They're the genuine article.

I picked up this pair of Gold Cup Top-Siders from a Sperry store here in Dallas. I had a 25% off coupon from signing up for their e-mail list. That made them $117.50. I also got some of their no-show socks to keep the funk down. I really like the shoes - the lining is nice and soft and I had no break-in time.

proxy.php

I just picked up a pair of Sperry Lanyards, got them at Nordstroms Rack for $65, mine are a shade lighter color. I liked the original boat shoes, but liked the comfort of the sturdier sole, as these will mostly be walking around summer shoes.

$1362496-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

Spent a week in Seatle/Yakima wearing mine, pretty impressed. Though they are getting a little rank, any suggestions on keeping them not so smelly? I've tried the no show socks to no avail, I can't stand how they feel on me and even after getting a couple different brands they always seem to fall off.

I might have to resort to my old running shoe practices of leaving them out in the sun for a day, or freezing them over night. That usually helps with the odor, though at times to the detriment of the shoe.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Odor eaters? There is probably a powder you can buy to dust the insides with.

Typically odor is caused by bacteria. Maybe wiping the insides down with Lysol

Top Bottom