What's new

My first shave!

So after a few weeks here I finally took my first DE shave over the weekend.
I am using a SS flaretip (A1) with a shark chrome blade. (big thanks shavervinnie!) :001_smile

After my shower I prepared with some barbasol and my hand (I know, I know... je peigne la girafe)
The first time was awkwardly slow, especially around the lip and neck. I was worried because the DE head is so much bigger than the disposable I'm used to. But easy does it.
The subsequent shaves were quicker. I felt a lot more comfortable around the lip and neck. I haven't had any cuts or burns so far.
The SS is a great razor I think. I don't have anything to compare it with, but yes I would say it was a smooth mild shave. Good for a beginner.
Wish I had converted sooner.

So the next thing on my list is a shave brush/soap (thinking omega boar and ogallala soap) and a blade sampler.

I'm hooked!

It's good to see things are going well for you. The super speed is a top notch razor; I have a late 40s edition.

Either an Omega or Semogue boar will serve you well.... A blade sampler is also a must, which can be purchased from various online vendors.

As for soaps buy as many varieties as you can!!!!

Congratulations. You are off to a great start.
I love it when people shake off the influence of mass advertising and find a better way.

Now you can be influenced by boutique advertising, and buy soaps and blades from far places. Hmmm. China is pretty far from me, and most merchandise comes from there. I guess that idea doesn't hold water. Never mind.

Congrats...you're off to a good start! +1 on the recommendation for an Omega, well priced good quality products...alternatively, you can also check out the Vie Longs at BullGooseShaving...

Congrats...you're off to a good start! +1 on the recommendation for an Omega, well priced good quality products...alternatively, you can also check out the Vie Longs at BullGooseShaving...

Vie Long looks like a nice brush also thanks for the suggestion :thumbup1:

So glad the razor and blades have improved your shave status at this point. As you incorporate other quality products and perfect your technique, you will be amazed at the results, in both quality and comfort. But most of all, you will start experiencing what some of us here call the "Zen of Shaving", in which you will enjoy the experience beyond what you may have expected was possible.

Your feedback adds to the "psychic income" I receive from PIF'ing, so cheers to you and many more great shaves in your future. :thumbup1:

you comb the giraffe???? that's what that stuff translated too. Must have long arms. HAHA

Welcome to better shaving, I have a '68 SS using sharks, made my 5th shave on the the first blade, I think 4 is the absolute limit since the 5th was little rough on 2 day growth.

I'm thinking about trying another blade from the assortment pack. Hard to decide which ones next though.

Top Bottom