What's new

My first shave with the (seemingly rare) Wade & Butcher DE razor

Good to know. Is it a nice snug fit with no wobble?
Now I just need to find a good old type. Of course wife says I have to sell a razor before I another.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Well, your not buying a razor, just a part of a razor . . .

Let us know if we can use that logic on . . . :)

several long light scratches on my neck.
Or you bent an edge while doing the modification. I had an SR do this to me when I first started using them. I had dinged the edge ever so slightly. Slight opposing pressure followed by a pasted balsam strop fixed my SR. DE blades are cheap though. I would verify the issue and just try making another.

And on a side note, a local jeweler (bit of a condescending snob IMO, but anyways...) was able to straighten out that bent tooth!
Did he not feel a basic, utilitarian device was up to his skills?
Apparently, the money was though :)

Well, your not buying a razor, just a part of a razor . . .

Let us know if we can use that logic on . . . :)

Good point. Thank you.

Or you bent an edge while doing the modification. I had an SR do this to me when I first started using them. I had dinged the edge ever so slightly. Slight opposing pressure followed by a pasted balsam strop fixed my SR. DE blades are cheap though. I would verify the issue and just try making another. [/QUOTE said:
I hadn't considered that possibility. De blades are really thin so it could happen very easily.

@Clay S he was "gracious" enough not to charge me because "it was so easy anyone could do it."
I just wanted a jeweler to do jt because I figured they coypd provide a better touch and control than my mits are capable of.

Oh. Well, he probably realizes that it could snap when "anyone" does it though :) Or knew what to look at to determine that it wasn't in danger of it.

I wasn't there, but he might of been minimalizing it, so you wouldn't feel obligated to pay him. I always try to look at things in the best light possible when they're gratis :)

Top Bottom