What's new

My first shave with an English RFB

20161210-1489436205.jpg

I have you fooled....I don't work at all!

funny-animals-sticking-tongues-14.jpg

Here we go again! :a16:
The picture you posted above is clearly a #88 set. Later on you post a #77 set picture.
Which one is your set?

----

So is the #44 the same head as the #88/77 razor?
We can only speculate that is the same razor head.
However the 2-piece RFB razor has a different balance which I find superior to the 3-piece RFB razor.
Please note: I say 2-piece and 3-piece RFB razor rather than #77, #44, or #88 razor!
LOL
!

Here we go again! :a16:
The picture you posted above is clearly a #88 set. Later on you post a #77 set picture.
Which one is your set?

I am not aware that we have had an encounter before so saying "her we go again" has me wondering when we've spoken.

The top of the base on my razor does not have the cutouts in the corners. Of the RFB razors I found on Mr. Razor, a base without the cuts outs is listed as the green bakelight #77. Also, the bars one the underside of my cap is noticeably longer than those on the #88.

It does not matter to me which model I have, but I do try to be accurate. You can review the three models listed on Mr. Razor if you want.

L

However the 2-piece RFB razor has a different balance which I find superior to the 3-piece RFB razor.

I didn’t know there are 2 piece RFB’s I’ll have to look into that.
Thank you for the info

L

I didn’t know there are 2 piece RFB’s I’ll have to look into that.
Thank you for the info

When I got mine I noticed the shape of the base did not match the #88. I looked through the Mr. Razor site until I found one that looked as mine did. It was the one I posted last evening .

Wouldn’t mind having a #44 if I didn’t need to spend much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not aware that we have had an encounter before so saying "her we go again" has me wondering when we've spoken.

I think he is referring to the the Aristocrat Shave off thread where there are several pages bantering about SETS and RAZORS. It is the case that makes the set.

The top of the base on my razor does not have the cutouts in the corners. Of the RFB razors I found on Mr. Razor, a base without the cuts outs is listed as the green bakelight #77. Also, the bars one the underside of my cap is noticeably longer than those on the #88.

It does not matter to me which model I have, but I do try to be accurate. You can review the three models listed on Mr. Razor if you want.

Your pictures has a metal case which makes it a #88 set (very nice razor by the way!!) and the Mr. Razor picture has a bakelite case so it is a #77 set.

Top Bottom